PDA

View Full Version : How to take off baffles on 250X??

tkatka70
07-30-2002, 08:07 PM
How do you do it. Can it be done. Can you put them back in. DO you have to rejet. Does it add power or just noise.

THANKS

eldoexrider01
07-30-2002, 09:31 PM
i have seen it done to a 300ex and a 250x (same thing). but do not know how to do it. and u will hafta re jet or it will be to lean is what ive heard. but my friend didnt rejet and has had no problems. cept his engine locked up cuz of gears or somthin. but i dunno if they are results of one the other . if anyone thinks it is then reply and i wil read it so i can rub it in his face for riggin his wheeler.haha
but if iwere u i would rejet to get to thepoint.

tkatka70
07-31-2002, 08:26 PM
does anyone know how

True rider
07-31-2002, 08:40 PM
My friend has a 300ex and he removed the outer baffle. You cant reach more to the inner baffle thats shaped like a peace sign, but he removed his by well.......RIPPIN it out, anyways didnt do much damage. Its sorta welded on there.

phatswinn
07-31-2002, 08:40 PM
just dont do it
its a pain in the arse

Lil90man!!
07-31-2002, 09:32 PM
just curious does anyone know what happens if u mess with the inner baffle shaped like the peace sign?? i already have the spark arrestor out,:grr damn that's alotta work! took me like an hour with a high speed electric drill and a metal cutting thingy, lol. then after i was done a touch of jb weld to fix what i had accidently cut through try'n to get to the damn thing! another thing what if you just cut the whole back off like where it narrows up?? i dunno just try'n to think of ways to AVOID a 300+dollar exhaust