PDA

View Full Version : Front sporcket wont go on...wut am i doing wrong?

N400Ex
04-07-2006, 03:31 PM
I have just bought a new 16 tooth sunstar sproket... there is a retaining clip that holds the sprocket on the shaft. When I put the sprocket on the shaft and then put the retaining clip on after it.. the splines on the retaining clip are opposite the sprocket splines. I know that this is the purpose of the reatining clip to keep the sprocket on the shaft...but i cant get the holes to line up and the only time i do get the holes lined up is when the sprocket is halfway off the shaft...and i kno that isnt right because then my case saver doesnt fit... can someone help me out?

GPracer2500
04-07-2006, 03:41 PM
The retaining collar only goes on one way...try taking off the collar and flipping it around if the holes aren't lining up.

55belair
04-07-2006, 03:49 PM
stock case saver wont fit with a 16 tooth sprocket, i'm not even sure if aftermarket ones will. if you look on the packaging of most case savers they say will not work with 16 tooth sprocket.

flauge
04-07-2006, 04:18 PM
i had this prob when i was doing this last week. the splines on the clip aint supposed to be the same as the sprocket. On the shaft youll see a space in the middle going around w no splines. thats where the clip goes when you bolt it to the sprocket. it blocks the grooves on the sprocket so it wont slip off the shaft. this left me scratching my head for a few hours before i figured it out:ermm:

400exstud
04-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by flauge
i had this prob when i was doing this last week. the splines on the clip aint supposed to be the same as the sprocket. On the shaft youll see a space in the middle going around w no splines. thats where the clip goes when you bolt it to the sprocket. it blocks the grooves on the sprocket so it wont slip off the shaft. this left me scratching my head for a few hours before i figured it out:ermm:

Correct^^^ That should solve your problem.

Ridered416ex
04-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Also just want to add i had a 16 in mine and the stock case saver worked and fit fine

N400Ex
04-07-2006, 07:55 PM
alrite i got it on... the retaing click is in that slot in bewteen the splines... the bolts are as tight as i can make them (hand tight).... now the sprocket wont fall of the shaft but it has a small wobble to it... will that be a problem? it like wobbles in and out maybe a 1/16 of an inch..... wut do you think?

Ridered416ex
04-07-2006, 08:01 PM
my 16 tooth had a wobble too i had no problems

400exstud
04-07-2006, 08:03 PM
They all walk a little. I think that it might help keep the chain on because the sprocket has a change to follow it a tad.

04-07-2006, 08:13 PM
i have to agree