PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake Camping

Smakaho_Racing
04-07-2006, 02:57 PM
Just a quick question and Im looking for some input. A group of friends and I (about 15 quads) make a Silver Lake MI trip the second weekend in July, and have for 4 years now. Every year we camp and we have yet to find a campground that isn't run like a NAZI Concentration Camp. We don't get SUPER rowdy but we do like to stay up past 10:30 at night, I mean come on. Anyone have good experiences with some campgrounds there. Thanks! If your interested in going with us, we always have a good time. We are from the Appleton, WI area and we take the ferry across Thursday at midnight. Ride Friday, Saturday, leave Sunday. Always a good time. Thanks

55belair
04-07-2006, 03:52 PM
never been there myself but me and some friends will be camping there the 12th - 15th. a couple quads,and dune buggies.i hope they don't shut us down that early, we will have our families there but not planning on calling it a night that soon.

jmc400ex02
04-08-2006, 06:30 PM
The state park is pretty good about lettiing you guys be as long as your not being loud and stupid. Yogi-bear camp ground is a family site. Dont go there. There is another one up there that you can be as stupid and as loud as you want all night long. As soon as I remember the name ill tell you.

buildingup
04-10-2006, 09:15 AM
i think your talking about val du lakes camp ground..i've stayed there a few times cause my buddies like to stay up till about 3 or 4AM, but they do have quiet time and u have to comply to it, but we still are a little loud...last time we were there my buddys were drunk as heck and were swing in trees about 30 feet up and yelling at 1AM...they just told them to keep the noise down down...and they were all under age...but if you get to rowdy they will kick you out and i have seen it happen every time i have been there...and the bathrooms and showers suck!!

also been to yogi twice and both times have had most the camp ground in our lil spot for the party and we were rowdy...also the people running the place stopped in and had a few drinks with us

jmc400ex02
04-10-2006, 02:18 PM
yup, val du lakes it is.

Smakaho_Racing
04-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Anyone have any information for Val du lakes, contact number, website? How far is it from the entrance? Thanks all!

buildingup
04-10-2006, 04:02 PM
http://www.oceanacounty.net/placestostay.html

Thats a web site with a bunch of different campgrounds by silver lake and a bunch of other thinks but the number to Val Du Lakes is (231) 873-5451 if you have any other questions about the place just post it and i'm sure i can answer it but if not i'm sure someone else can...

oops forgot to tell ya how far it is...its only about 2 min away depending on the way you take and how fast you drive...if your camping there just offer the security gaurds a beer when they walk by and they'll leave you alone for awhile after they sat down and BS'd with ya guys...peace

DuneAholic310R
04-19-2006, 11:20 PM
call val du... ask for scott they are the new owners this year they went from 80 some sites to over 300 sites now... very nice people FINALLY!