PDA

View Full Version : Headlight problem

seeking_help
04-07-2006, 02:25 PM
I have a 97 300ex and the headlight is a acting up. At first it would work on low but when I switched it to high it would blow the inline fuse (which is located in between what I believe to be the starter soleniod and the battery) then after a while it wouldn't work on either untill I had the quad running at higher rpm's and if I lowered the rpms it would fade. Then after a day or so of that it doesn't work at all now. I know its kinda vague but does anyone know where I should start at least.

Also I bought it used like this, so I don't know if someone crossed a wire. Also I replaced the bulb after I noticed it working on low, but not on high. Any help would be appreciated very much.
--Thanks--

sakirocket28
04-07-2006, 03:13 PM
I would start by checking your battery voltage, because if the light is gettin brighter when the rpm's are up, thats a pretty good sign that the light is running directly off the recharging power from the motor. good luck!

johnsls
04-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Maybe check alll the connections and anything that might be grounded. I've seen times where the ground connections were a little rusty (resulting in a bad ground) and it would stop working all together.

04-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by sakirocket28
I would start by checking your battery voltage, because if the light is gettin brighter when the rpm's are up, thats a pretty good sign that the light is running directly off the recharging power from the motor. good luck!