PDA

View Full Version : Still have a flooding problem

TheFontMaster
04-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Well when I took apart the carb to check the float like I was told, put it back on the quad, started right up and ran great for a while
parked it for the night, and this afternoon it's flooding the engine again. The float seemed fine, it was moving up and down just fine. Another thing is that once it starts sitting for a little bit if it's shut off then gas will start to trickle out of the drain hose. But if I turn off the gas it stops right away, and if it is running it doesn't leak.

Heres the link to the other thread that better describes my problem.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=223497&highlight=flooding

wilkin250r
04-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Just because your floats move fine doesn't necessarily mean that your float valve is fine. The seat may be worn, or you may have debris in the way that keeps it from closing.

This really sounds like your float valve. I'd go to your local shop, most likely they have one is stock.

I had a problem similar on a 250x. I took the float valve out, cleaned it, still had the problem. I replaced the float valve with a new one, still had the problem. I cleaned the carb again, and put a fuel filter on my gas line, and the problem went away. It turns out, even though I'd clean it, I was just introducing new dirt every time, and each time it would lodge in the float valve and keep it open.

Aceman
04-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Yep, that definitely sounds like a sealing problem between the needle and seat. I don't know if it's possible with your carb but I usually use my mouth to blow through the fuel passage to check how well the float seals. It would be a good time to clean your fuel tank also.