PDA

View Full Version : Ontario group ride

400exchick
04-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Okay boys & girls, we need to start thinking about this. Shoot some tentative dates out there so we can get the ball rolling. Also state what type of riding you would prefer doing.

Personnally, I would like to stick to trails.

Only weekends are good for me. Other than the first 3 of July my calendar is pretty open right now so anything goes.

All are welcome to join :)

Edit: OH! and some locations as well

widesol
04-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Im interested depending on wich part of ontario

Im in Ottawa

Rip_Tear
04-07-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm good for what ever, MX, trail etc. Weekends are probaly all anyone of us can do. I'm going to post a link to this in the open forum.

DOHC
04-07-2006, 01:48 PM
I would but my quads in peices lol

shano
04-07-2006, 01:59 PM
I live up here in sudbury, it'd be nice to all meet up at a track, I know a good 10people that would come. Walton, Rj? I dunno..

Rip_Tear
04-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by DOHC
I would but my quads in peices lol

There's plenty of time, we might as well wait about a month at the least so place can dry up/melt still. There's still snow and ice here(Haliburton).

atvfreak400
04-07-2006, 04:19 PM
sounds great I got my quad back together runs great weekends would be best for me track, trail doesn't matter not a big fan of the mud or slow trails,my quads alittle high strung for that . let me know when and where .gopher dunes some forest in bomanville never got there heard it awsome but can't remenber the name,might have to make it a weekend thing sounds like some people might have to drive a go distance and it would be to much for one day.

crewchief47
04-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by atvfreak400
some forest in bomanville never got there heard it awsome but can't remenber the name,might have to make it a weekend thing sounds like some people might have to drive a go distance and it would be to much for one day.

perhaps you mean Ganaraska Forest?
http://www.grca.on.ca/ganfor.htm

Quad18star
04-07-2006, 04:55 PM
I've never been to Gopher Dunes but I heard the place is pretty nice . Do they have trails also??

From what I read on Moto Parks website , it seems like it would be a pretty nice place to ride . They have tracks and trails .

400exchick
04-07-2006, 05:00 PM
A location that has both track & trail would be excellent because if we decide on somewhere that only has a track I would only be watching. I know myself too well and I wouldn't venture out on something new with a group of people watching me do so.

atvfreak400
04-07-2006, 05:28 PM
both moto park and gopher dunes have trails as well, the trails at moto park were no that good when I was there but they have three different tracks that are great ones a fast track with few jumps and a small motocross track and a big track. gopher dunes trail are not bad , and the forest that I was thinking of was the genarska forest thanks any of these places would be a good time with a big group.

xtuner
04-07-2006, 10:45 PM
I am new here but I would like to join the group.:)

pit/wood
04-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Would an old man fron the states be welcome? if so I hope its warm cause I only have a tent to use.

Rip_Tear
04-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Everyone is welcome as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure a lot of us will be in tents or something.

atvfreak400
04-10-2006, 06:19 PM
did we ever figure out when and where

400exchick
04-10-2006, 06:24 PM
May I suggest a weekend in august? I don't know about the south of the province but up here mosquitos and black flies are horrid up until then. They basically eat you alive if you don't take shelter. Plus the heat will have died down a little.

What do you all think?

Rip_Tear
04-12-2006, 12:27 PM
August sounds good to me, lots of time to plan and have people plan to attend. I know there are more people out there, so if you see other people from Ontario PM them or something and tell them to check out this post please and thank you.

crewchief47
04-12-2006, 01:09 PM
It might be a good idea to put a poll together to see where everyone would like to go. For instance, I could never commit to a date right now but would be OK with almost any destination (approx 6hrs from Windsor is my limit). My only suggestion from attending snowmobile get togethers is > set a date and location Early and let everyone work around that. The snowmobile rides I attend get 'set in stone' in Sept and the first event each season is mid december. Another suggestion is that one or two people here need to take 'ownership' of the ride and call the shots. I am not one of those people. :D

Rip_Tear
04-12-2006, 01:26 PM
crewchief47 good idea, thats why we are starting early, any where you'd like to ride? and we are trying to see what would be good for everyone. Everyone feel free to post your idea's/places etc.

DieselBoy
04-12-2006, 06:55 PM
August some time would be good. Gopher dunes is nice I hear, but definately do it on a weekend. I'm game.:p

DAVE14
04-13-2006, 08:13 PM
sounds right on as long as my weekend is free , but thats why we have sick days right ?

xtuner
04-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
August some time would be good. Gopher dunes is nice I hear, but definately do it on a weekend. I'm game.:p

that sounds good
can you camp there? or are we just doing a one day ride?
never been on a group ride:)

crewchief47
04-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
crewchief47 good idea, thats why we are starting early, any where you'd like to ride? and we are trying to see what would be good for everyone. Everyone feel free to post your idea's/places etc.

I've only really been to the Parry Sound area trail riding, and some forest near Gopher Dunes. I'm mostly a trail kinda dude but its been awhile since I've been on an ATV, so I'm a little rusty. Any place with both track and trail would work, but I'd probably decline on a track only trip. Have truck, tent and Quad, will travel! :D

DieselBoy
04-13-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm not sure if you can camp at Gopher Dunes. They have a website. I believe $20 for the day, with a nice trail system, as well track so you can do a bit of each. They have alot of events there in the summer, and it looks like alot of fun. I would love to have a huge group ride, and get a picture of all of us with our quads, and blow it up into a big picture and hang it on the wall for a good memory. :p

Their website is: http://www.gopherdunes.com/ check it out:)

Rip_Tear
04-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Bump... Also glad to see more replies

400exchick
04-18-2006, 08:33 AM
I am willing to take part of the initiative. However, I will need someone to partner up with me. I will be away for the first 2 weeks of july so I will be unreachable at that time.

Rip_Tear: you have helped me to get the ball rolling, so what do ya say, in this with me?

Quad18star
04-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Who's in need of a sport quad ?? I'm selling my 2004 Yamaha YFZ 450 or will trade for a 4x4 quad . Here's my ad in the For Sale section .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still up for sale or trade .

I'm still looking for a 4x4 quad .. prefferably a Grizzly 660 or a Kodiak 450 . Will not trade for a snowmobile unless it's a 2004 MXZX 440 .

I have not used the quad since August 15th 2004 .... no that's not a typo .... it's been almost 2 years since I've riden this quad . Looking to trade or sell outright for $6800 Canadian . I'm located in Sudbury Ontario Canada .... 3hrs from Sault Ste Marie ,Michigan.

Here is an updated picture of the quad just taken the other day !!

Note *** Studs have been removed from the tires . I will include the Curtis Sparks air filter , White Brothers e-brake block off , shock covers , K and K decompression plug , brand new spare battery ( never been charged) , box of used tire screws (still get ice traction out of them) and whatever else I have laying around for this quad ***

DieselBoy
04-18-2006, 05:39 PM
You still haven't sold it?

Rip_Tear
04-18-2006, 06:24 PM
400exchick, sure I'll help.

Greg I thought you traded it (I assume they didn't give you a good deal...) I'll see if anyone around here wants to buy it or trade.

You better have something to ride for this ride, August is a good distance away still.

Quad18star
04-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
400exchick, sure I'll help.

Greg I thought you traded it (I assume they didn't give you a good deal...) I'll see if anyone around here wants to buy it or trade.

You better have something to ride for this ride, August is a good distance away still.

No I didn't sell it . The dealership was supposed to have someone that was going to buy it , but the bank declined them for a loan and I didn't trade it cuz they'll only give me blue book which is $5500 ...cheap f***ers !!!!!

Also if anyone buys it and is interested in some parts like the Sparks exhaust I had on it , bars , nerfs , skids etc ... the guy that bought my pipe is parting out his bike .... I could probably get really good deals on all the stuff !!!

400exchick
04-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Gotta keep this thread alive

Anyone have more input?? suggestions?

atvfreak400
04-25-2006, 05:54 PM
what did we come up with? aug is good for me just give me a date and I will work around it. If we go to a place where there might be alot of people we will have to figure out a way to find the people in the group.

Rip_Tear
04-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by atvfreak400
what did we come up with? aug is good for me just give me a date and I will work around it. If we go to a place where there might be alot of people we will have to figure out a way to find the people in the group.

Good thought, we'll have to figure something out to recognize each other.

Other then 400exchic does anyone have a weekend in August that they would have a problem with?

DAVE14
04-25-2006, 06:57 PM
if a serious time & place is figured out Im sure theyll be plenty of response weekends are better for everybody (someone who knows the trails where wed be going to ) etc. is also a plus , camping is also good either it should be a good long day out or even a weekend weather permitting

HRC_rider
04-28-2006, 07:24 PM
I'd be interested. Track or trail. I've only been to Gopher Dunes once but I got bored of the trails pretty quick and spent most of the time on the track. I might have missed something... JMO. Maybe Eagle's nest or Moto Park? Haven't tried them yet. The Ganaraska would have enough trails for a day, or the Northumberland forest north of Cobourg, or maybe Midhurst area. Bancroft has enough trails and sand pits as well as accomodations for a weekend, and I haven't been to Haliburton but I'm sure it's the same. Then there's Barry's Bay which is pretty quad friendly but we'll all likely need utes to get through the water and mud!

DieselBoy
04-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by HRC_rider
I'd be interested. Track or trail. I've only been to Gopher Dunes once but I got bored of the trails pretty quick and spent most of the time on the track. I might have missed something... JMO. Maybe Eagle's nest or Moto Park? Haven't tried them yet. The Ganaraska would have enough trails for a day, or the Northumberland forest north of Cobourg, or maybe Midhurst area. Bancroft has enough trails and sand pits as well as accomodations for a weekend, and I haven't been to Haliburton but I'm sure it's the same. Then there's Barry's Bay which is pretty quad friendly but we'll all likely need utes to get through the water and mud!

uhhhhhh you might wonna scratch Eagle's Nest off your list, all of that area is locked down right now by police.... its all over the news, bad place to be when indians are angry due to the fact it's ON the indian reserve. I hear about peoples vehicles getn' trashed there, so I dont want my truck near there:p

Never been to motopark. That could be an option. However I've never heard of Gopher dunes being boring, but we will see.

I'm open to suggestions.

DAVE14
04-28-2006, 09:11 PM
I talked to a guy a long time ago that said Ganaraska was right on ,a lot of trails ,camping everything but there was a small trail pass fee ,no big deal but when I look for any kind of a site to look it up its always fishing camping etc. without mention of atv trails,although i heard otherwise but cant find it !

DieselBoy
04-28-2006, 09:11 PM
how many of you guys have a license plate on your quad?

atvfreak400
04-29-2006, 06:51 AM
I like the idea of going some place legal but the whole lic plate insurance maybe even ownership could be a problem for some people,so I think if we decide to go someplace like that we do it soon so that we can all get are stuff together so that we don't drive for say 2 hours and have to turn around and go home with out getting any riding in. where ever we go someone should find out weather we can ride there or not.

Rip_Tear
04-29-2006, 05:41 PM
I've never been to anywhere but I assume you'd need to show your insurance? and have a plate? anyone?

I've got mine plated, insurance etc. Here in Haliburton we can ride on the roads (not highways though). There are a ton of trails here and in Bancroft aswell.

widesol
04-29-2006, 05:42 PM
I wouldnt mind a motopark meet

DieselBoy
04-29-2006, 06:01 PM
well my understanding at gopher dunes is you only need to sign a waiver that basically clears them of any liability of you getting hurt, collisions, etc. I don't have insurance currently, but I may get it depending on the price. How much is your insurance?

DieselBoy
04-29-2006, 06:02 PM
where's motopark located exactly?

widesol
04-29-2006, 06:34 PM
http://www.motoparkracing.com/

directions on the site

crewchief47
04-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by DAVE14
I talked to a guy a long time ago that said Ganaraska was right on ,a lot of trails ,camping everything but there was a small trail pass fee ,no big deal but when I look for any kind of a site to look it up its always fishing camping etc. without mention of atv trails,although i heard otherwise but cant find it !

http://www.grca.on.ca/ganfor.htm <Off-Road/ATV in left coloum

Fee list:
http://www.grca.on.ca/ganfsupport/feeschedule.html

Quad18star
05-01-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm in for anywhere that has rooms for a 4x4 to run . :devil: Bought a new toy over the weekend .... and she's loaded and ready to roll !!!:blah:

PunkA$$
05-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by crewchief47
http://www.grca.on.ca/ganfor.htm <Off-Road/ATV in left coloum

Fee list:
http://www.grca.on.ca/ganfsupport/feeschedule.html

This seems like the best idea. I'm not sure about motopark, but you can honestly ride all the trails at Gopherdunes in about 20 minutes. From what I've heard Ganaraska has the most trails and I believe you can camp there. I'll be riding Ganaraska the first weekend in June and I'll have a better idea then what it's like.

By the way, anyone paying to ride the trails at Gopherdunes. Save your money and drive 10 minutes south-east to Turkey Point where it's free to ride and the trails are much better!

atvfreak400
05-07-2006, 02:31 PM
let us know what the trails are like Punk***** I'am interested in going and would like to know what kind of resictions they have and the weather it is worth the time for me to drive there.

Rip_Tear
05-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Definately let us know how it is Punk*****.

PunkA$$
05-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Will do! I'll see if I can get some good pictures too.;)

HRC_rider
05-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Punk*****
This seems like the best idea. I'm not sure about motopark, but you can honestly ride all the trails at Gopherdunes in about 20 minutes. From what I've heard Ganaraska has the most trails and I believe you can camp there. I'll be riding Ganaraska the first weekend in June and I'll have a better idea then what it's like.

By the way, anyone paying to ride the trails at Gopherdunes. Save your money and drive 10 minutes south-east to Turkey Point where it's free to ride and the trails are much better!

That's what I thought about Gopher Dunes. I toured the trails system for a bit but didn't find much other than a lot of twisting back and forth in a small area. I figured I'd missed something. I wish I would have known about turkey point because the track was pretty busy and bumpy the day I was there. I'm sure the track has it's good days though...

About the Ganaraska, It does have many trails and you can venture outside the forest as well. The main loop is pretty decent and has many one way sections with lots of feeder trails looping back (see the map). I've only been there on quad a handful of times last year but I would say it's a good mix for both sport and utes.

I couldn't find a good map on the site.

PunkA$$
05-08-2006, 08:07 PM
I wish I would have known about turkey point because the track was pretty busy and bumpy the day I was there.

Keep in mind if you're planning on going to Turkey Point, you MUST be plated and insured. I've heard stories of cops and MTO busting people down there.

BTW, thanks for the info on Ganaraska.

WideEfnOpen
05-09-2006, 06:22 AM
every one needs to load up and come and ride at my place. there are lots of trails and little tracks scattered all over the countryside here in Chatham-Kent if any one is interested give me a ring (519)438-8440 weekdays or (519)692-3014 weekends ask for Beau and remind me where you heard about this glad to ride any time

PunkA$$
05-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Well it looks like I'll be going to Ganaraska on the 10th of June then down to Gopherdunes for their poker run on the 11th (busy weekend).

Anyone wanting to join me and some friends at Gopherdunes let me know.
:chinese:

400exchick
05-17-2006, 09:46 AM
I'd like to suggest August 12-13 as a tentative date for this event.

Rip_Tear
05-17-2006, 03:31 PM
I'd have no problems with that date, anyone have any problem?

PunkA$$
05-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Works for me!

DieselBoy
05-18-2006, 05:32 PM
sounds good. have we decided on a place?

DAVE14
05-19-2006, 05:36 PM
sounds fine , but where ???

DieselBoy
05-19-2006, 06:24 PM
My friend Wes will be coming on a KX250, if that's alright.

Rip_Tear
05-20-2006, 05:24 PM
as far as I'm concerned you can bring as many friends with you as you want. No idea where were going yet, but there's time for that.

DieselBoy
05-20-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm liking the idea of going to Gopher Dunes, I believe it has something for everyone. I'm not much of a jumper myself, they have decent trails, a beginner track, and a regular track. HOWEVER, we would have to phone ahead of time and make sure there is no races going on, otherwise you can't go in.(friend said he got all the way down there and they couldnt get in) so thats something we would need to do if we settled on Gopher Dunes.

400exchick
06-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Alright people, I'm suppost to be going riding with a few people at Ganaraska this weekend. If this actually pans out I will let you all know how it was when I come back. Will also get a few pics.

Crossing my fingers these plans work out.

Warlord
06-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Maybe I'll see you there. I go every weekend cause I live 10 mins away. I love riding there, tons of room to go fast. If you see an extremely good looking long haired guy on a red and black warrior its probably me. :cool:

400exchick
06-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Warlord
Maybe I'll see you there. I go every weekend cause I live 10 mins away. I love riding there, tons of room to go fast. If you see an extremely good looking long haired guy on a red and black warrior its probably me. :cool:

hehee, alright, I'll be sure to keep and eye out then. I have a stock 400ex with red plastics.

HRC_rider
06-08-2006, 12:47 PM
I haven't been to the forest yet this year but you should be up for a good ride. I'd go on Sat. too but my R is down for at least another week until I some parts show up:( Hopefully I can make the group ride if we get a time and location straightened out.

400exchick
06-08-2006, 12:52 PM
I think Aug. 12-13 was somewhat agreed upon. All we need now is a fixed location.

DieselBoy
06-08-2006, 02:40 PM
a little off topic, but do any of you know where I can get maybe a used honda stator cheap? I'm trying to buy from a guy in the states but the guy's not really replying, so I'm not sure. I tried snow line sports, but he wants $200 for a used one, and Royal apparently can't get the stator advertised in their recent magazine:huh :huh I found that very stupid.

Quad18star
06-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
a little off topic, but do any of you know where I can get maybe a used honda stator cheap? I'm trying to buy from a guy in the states but the guy's not really replying, so I'm not sure. I tried snow line sports, but he wants $200 for a used one, and Royal apparently can't get the stator advertised in their recent magazine:huh :huh I found that very stupid.

Try the guys at Quad Pro ( www.quadpro.ca) or Splash and Dirt www.splashndirt.com . If not try Highspeed Dirt www.hsdracing.com

400exchick
06-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Trip was a success. Had a great time.

I had the opportunity to ride at both Ganaraska Forest and Gopher dunes over the weekend.

Gopher dunes was okay but very muddy. For those of you who hate getting their quads dirty, it would not be a fun place to ride after a big rain. The trails don't even come close to comparing to the ones at Ganaraska so for the expert riders out there you would get bored fast.

I would preffer to see this happen at Ganaraska. The only downfall is that there isn't a track.
For those of you who don't mind only riding trails and are thinking of attending please show your interest by posting.

We are still open to suggestions if anyone thinks they have a better location.

Mylene

DieselBoy
06-13-2006, 07:15 PM
where is Ganarasaka Forest?

Warlord
06-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Its around 30 minutes east of Oshawa. Here is the website http://www.grca.on.ca/ganfor.htm

I was there as well on the weekend. It was nearly deserted. I only saw 8 other people and 4 of them were on horses.

400exrida06
06-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Ok well I only live like 3 minutes from Gopher Dunes and work there part time during races and stuff, if your under 18 you just have to sign a waiver and have parents signatures, you dont need to show insurance or anything, the track is pretty sweet to ride on, the trails are pretty good, alot of mud in some areas and theres even a pewee track for the younger kids, and you can camp there over night, they also allow you to leave and come back so if you wanted to head out to the trails at Turkey Point you could do that also.

xtuner
06-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by 400exrida06
Ok well I only live like 3 minutes from Gopher Dunes and work there part time during races and stuff, if your under 18 you just have to sign a waiver and have parents signatures, you dont need to show insurance or anything, the track is pretty sweet to ride on, the trails are pretty good, alot of mud in some areas and theres even a pewee track for the younger kids, and you can camp there over night, they also allow you to leave and come back so if you wanted to head out to the trails at Turkey Point you could do that also.

I like that idea

ride gopher dunes and then set out as a group to turkey point. Can we ride to turkey point from gopher dunes? What is the cost for 2 days with camping over =night?

400exchick
06-19-2006, 12:56 PM
So everyone would prefer having this at Gopher dunes??

400exrida06 would you be able to find out if there's anything scheduled there for the weekend or if we're good to go (aug.12-13).

I wouldn't mind having a ride at gopher dunes the saturday, camp over night, then head out to Ganaraska. Anyone willing to do that??

Rip_Tear
06-19-2006, 04:49 PM
I can see some problems with Ganaraska, I know my 4 wheeler won't make the cut for the noise restriction(although I'd be willing to put the stock pipe back on), also you have to have insurance (I have it, but some don't).

Gopher sounds fine, although it's far for some people, and the age thing could be a problem.

If someone hasn't already, could they post a link for Gopher?

Warlord
06-19-2006, 06:56 PM
When I got my membership at ganaraska they didn't ask for insurance or anything else. I've never seen anyone enforcing regulations on the trails either but a big group might attract some attention. I know some people that don't even pay they just park outside the limits and ride into the forest. I wouldn't mind going to both gopher and the ganny, though you won't see me on an mx track (not the warrior's forte').

HRC_rider
06-19-2006, 09:13 PM
You need to have plates and insurance everywhere other than on private property and some tracks. Ganaraska requires it too --> http://www.grca.on.ca/ganfor.htm#offroad

I'm plated and insured, now if they'd only make them street legal :rolleyes:

I've never bought a pass for the forest and haven't seen any patrols but I have been warned by other riders that they will ticket your vehicle if it is parked in a designated area without a permit displayed? If the group is large we would likely get some attention, especially on a weekend.

GD on Sat. and GF on Sun. might satisfy everyone (I think?). Show up one day or both depending on your riding interest, legality, availability, etc.

DieselBoy
06-20-2006, 04:46 PM
currently no insurance on my two:scary:

400exrida06
06-21-2006, 09:51 AM
The site for gopher dunes is www.gopherdunes.com and I checked and there arent and races coming up at all until like september so its open from now on.

400exrida06
06-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Ok well I just got done talking to Frank and its only $10 a night for one vehicle, and then $20 a day for the people riding, and if here going to go he wants me to let him no ahead of time so he can make sure everythings all nicely groomed and ready to go (as it usually is). Does anybody have any idea when in August this is going to take place, and where does everyone feel like going?

DieselBoy
06-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Someone shoot me. my 400ex still isn't fixed.

TRAV05
06-27-2006, 07:50 PM
have we came up with a location yet
thanks

Rip_Tear
06-28-2006, 03:32 PM
I think a good/the best situation would be to do the dual location, Gopher Saturday and Ganaraska Sunday, then if you can make it to both all good, and some can go to one or the other.

400exchick
06-29-2006, 07:42 AM
I think that's the best plan.

So, in conclusion

Gopher dunes - August 12th
Ganaraska - August 13th

Agreed??

400exrida06
06-29-2006, 09:54 AM
That sounds good to me :)

PunkA$$
06-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by 400exchick
I think that's the best plan.

So, in conclusion

Gopher dunes - August 12th
Ganaraska - August 13th

Agreed??

Sounds good to me! I'll get to at least one for sure.

HRC_rider
06-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Works for me. I can probably make both days.

DieselBoy
06-30-2006, 01:01 PM
i can probably make gopher dunes at the least.

widesol
06-30-2006, 01:06 PM
I will most likely attend gopher

ridfastorbelast
07-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Hey im near ottawa anyone is from there or ride near them well tell me would be fun to ride

2002 yellow 400ex
shaved fender
dg bumper
dg nerf
msr handle bars
razr tires

400exchick
07-18-2006, 08:12 AM
To the riders planning on going to Gopher Aug. 12:

Are any of you also planning on camping there overnight or will it be just a day trip??

HRC_rider
07-18-2006, 10:42 AM
They'll be day trips for me.

Went to the dunes on Sat. and it was pretty good and not too busy. Those who get there early get the best track conditions, things get rougher as the day goes on.

400exrida06
07-18-2006, 01:56 PM
They'll be day trips for me.

Went to the dunes on Sat. and it was pretty good and not too busy. Those who get there early get the best track conditions, things get rougher as the day goes on.

I was there saturday also, well im there pretty much everyday, but your right as the day goes on the track gets pretty rutted, well it also depends on how many dirtbikers are there. Were you clearing any of those jumps?

HRC_rider
07-20-2006, 09:08 AM
The only jump I was clearing was the start line jump. Still getting comfortable with the quad in the air this year and haven't spent much time at the track. I was launching the long table top before it but after a few hard landings on the top I slowed it down a bit. Need a bit more practice time and I should be able to clear most of them by Aug. 12. Were you clearing many?

short vid, overshot the landing:(

http://media.putfile.com/goper1

sorry, keep the volume low, the camera man blurts out "holy f@#$" when I land!

ohsobad_chevy
07-20-2006, 09:28 AM
:eek:
ROFL....I just watched that at work...Didnt know my speakers were on and he sais 'holy Fu##" HAHHAHAHAHA....ooops! Good thing my co-workers are cool. :D :D

400exrida06
07-22-2006, 07:44 PM
The only jump I was clearing was the start line jump. Still getting comfortable with the quad in the air this year and haven't spent much time at the track. I was launching the long table top before it but after a few hard landings on the top I slowed it down a bit. Need a bit more practice time and I should be able to clear most of them by Aug. 12. Were you clearing many?

short vid, overshot the landing:(

http://media.putfile.com/goper1

sorry, keep the volume low, the camera man blurts out "holy f@#$" when I land!

Nice bike man, i can only clear a few of the jumps also, im there all the time because its only a 5 minute drive on my bike but i find some of those lips launch you weird after a while because they get worn, but once i get better suspension i'd try clearing more of them because the stockers suck.

400exBro
07-23-2006, 10:20 PM
wow i just heard of this...

so it will be on the 12th of august?? that is a saturday or sunday?

I am moving out of University on the 11th or 12th and leaving for Germany on the 14th so i will be doing a lot of riding in between...

HRC_rider
07-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Going to the dunes tomorrow. Anyone else going to be there?

Flyin-Low
07-31-2006, 07:26 PM
Hey, I live almost in Delhi which is real close to GoPher Dunes and I've ridden there quite a bit. Its a beautiful track early in the morning and there is only one spot where its usually muddy and thats in a big berm, which makes it easy to go around. But at the end of the day it gets REALLY rutted because of the soft sand but is still fun. Im too much of a panzy right now to smoke all the jumps and clear them.

Is this other place planned for the 13th far from GD? Is everyone loadin up their quads and driving there or is it just a close ride?

Also, WHERE ARE WE MEETING AT GD?

BTW, heres a pic from a while back on my 400ex after a long day at GD.

DieselBoy
07-31-2006, 08:17 PM
Sorry, guys. It look's like I can't make it to the group ride. My 400ex is dead as can be. I finally got it running right the other day and I thought the clouds were going to clear, and then today it's back to it's stubborn old self. I'm terribly frustrated with my machine, and it looks like I may end up selling it as-is.

Mike,

HRC_rider
08-01-2006, 11:56 AM
[

BTW, heres a pic from a while back on my 400ex after a long day at GD. [/B]

That looks like my buddies Jetta behind you in the pic! Hope you and some others make it on the 12th.

DieselBoy, sounds terminal. Time for a 450!

400exchick
08-02-2006, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
Also, WHERE ARE WE MEETING AT GD?

Good question. I would imagine at one of the main buildings?

What time is everyone planning on getting there??

Flyin-Low
08-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Alright, im getting there EARLY. As soon as it opens is the best time to ride...

Meet at the building in the middle near the entrance of the track? Couldnt miss it if its your first time there.

So are the quads being trailer'ed to Ganaraska or is it a ride there? I have no idea where it is and i have no problem with riding to the place no matter were it is.

-Martin

400exBro
08-02-2006, 04:32 PM
I will be there on saturday, just look for my honda 450.

#99 red 450...

Rip_Tear
08-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Well sorry to say but I don't think I'll be making it to either ride, truck is messing up and the 400ex is on the fritz... I'm sure I'll make it to a ride this year and get to meet some of you.

PunkA$$
08-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Well, I'll be at Gopher Dunes Saturday morning with a few friends. Hope to see you all there!

HRC_rider
08-11-2006, 09:27 AM
I'll be there early tomorrow and will likely be parked in the shade at the building next to the track entrance. Keep an eye out for my black 450, a YZ250 and either a silver F150 or a gold S10 and trailer. See you there!

Rip_Tear
08-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Everyone who is going post up what vehicles you drive/are taking, including colours, makes etc. Try and choose a meeting place for lunch or something. And most important have tons of FUN!

400exchick
08-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Silver Altima towing a 5x8 tilt & load trailer. Red '05 400ex.

400exrida06
08-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Hey guys I dont think i'l be making it to the group ride, this really sucks because im working in tobacco and im going to be working 55 days straight, this is only like my 4th day and im already dead because i have to be up by 5 the only good thing is im home by like 11 but then im so tired I dont feel like doing anything, but if im there i'l be on a red 400ex with dmp graphics.

PunkA$$
08-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Can't miss my truck. I'l be in a White and red Hino cube van with "N.M. Bartlett Inc." on the side, (company vehicle).

atvfreak400
08-12-2006, 04:13 AM
I will be with 3 other guys and I will be driving a 2004 grey and red ford work truck with my name on it and I will be riding a 400ex with a yz 426 motor you can't miss it

400exchick
08-12-2006, 07:34 AM
Well this bites, I was to leave at 1am to get there around the same time as everyone.. but it seems I was just too tired and ended up sleeping through my alarm:(

Hope you all had a great time & that someone brought a camera and can post pics!

Flyin-Low
08-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Well, track conditions were amazing when I got there. I arrived at about 10:30 and had to wait a few minutes till the track was open and then i started to ride, just quite riding at about 3:40 or so.

I was really suprised to see how few people were there, it was the first time in a long time that theres been more quads than bikes on the track when i ride there.

I was sitting right next to that Bartlett truck... i was with the guy driving the big yellow dodge thunderroad. Probably saw me having a nap there on my quad. :p

Great day, i expected more people to come but other than that it was sweet.

Cant wait till the next time.

-Martin

DieselBoy
08-13-2006, 11:37 AM
hey hey,who all showed up??? did anyone take pics???

Quad18star
08-16-2006, 10:35 AM
So how many people actually showed up for this ??

Warlord
08-16-2006, 04:26 PM
Unfortunately I had to work on saturday and on sunday I went to the lord of the rings play for my birthday. Did anyone go to ganaraska? I would have loved to go.

DieselBoy
08-16-2006, 04:28 PM
not a whole lot of responses from you guys...

Flyin-Low
08-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Not as many people as I expected went, I talked to HRC_rider for a while and I saw the Bartlette truck there but never ended up chattin with them. I also talked to atvfreak400 with his sweet hybrid.... noice ride :macho

-Martin

Rip_Tear
08-16-2006, 07:28 PM
I think everyone should post when either going riding at a "location" such as Gopher dunes, then people can possible go/meet, since these "orginized" rides don't work so well. Hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you before the year is out.

Flyin-Low
08-16-2006, 07:32 PM
I want to go to gopher this weekend... but if I do it will be saterday. Gimme a shout if anyone else is goin.

-Martin

HRC_rider
08-16-2006, 08:18 PM
I made it on Sat. for the group ride but I was beat and didn't get there until about 1. I only talked to 2 riders all day but there were definitely more quads than I have ever seen there. Coincidence? I saw the Barlett Hino but never got over that way. Nice to get so many quads keeping two tracks through the ruts. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics either.

Good chatting with you 'Flyin-Low'. I'll post if I'm heading there this Sat.

Did anyone ride Ganaraska Sunday?

HRC_rider
08-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Hey Rip_Tear, where do ride that MXZ700 in the winter? I put about 8000K on my '01 800 this past season around Bancroft and Barry's Bay.

Rip_Tear
08-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Can't say I ride it much... lol it's only got 900km on it... I got it then couldn't afford insurance or trail pass, then went to college... But I ride it around Haliburton, hopefully it will see a lot of trail this year. I used to just use it to get to school every day!

clutt225
08-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Wow I just found this thread, am I late!
Well if anyone would like to ride the Northumberland trails just pm me I am allways lookin for new ride buddy's. Northumberland is just east of the Ganny and you do not need to buy a trail pass.
You should have insurance but some people get away with out it.
There is lots of trails and play spots just off the trails. There are also a few members that live right on this trail system. Some even have a small practice track in there yard (dvx chic hint hint).
Some body return a post and meet me for a ride I am not going racing untill I am 100% healed but I plan on riding trails at least 2 days a week.

HRC_rider
08-17-2006, 06:14 PM
I've been to the Northumberland forest a few times. Only once this year so I'm about due for another trip. Great trails and I'd love to ride that practice track sometime. I'll post next time I'm headed that way.

Flyin-low, get your permit early to save a few $ and insurance shouldn't be much. I only pay about $10 a month. The quad costs me $40! I don't get over to Haliburton much but the trail through the park from Whitney was the best riding all year right to the end of the season. Unfortunately there was an uncovered logging road in use where I usually turned around.

DieselBoy
08-22-2006, 08:01 PM
any of you live near hamilton and know where any good places are to go for a ride?

Also, anyone going down to gopher dunes in the next while?

ridfastorbelast
08-27-2006, 03:20 PM
did anyone already went in sandalee in richmond ontario.. im heading there pretty soon with some friend..

nice mx track