PDA

View Full Version : carrier???

flaneledholes
07-30-2002, 07:39 PM
Hey I was doubling my friend today cuz it was only 1/4 of a mile till we got to his drop off spot and on the way I heard a grinding noise so I looked down to see if there was a stick or something rubbing the tire etc... Well my chain was way loose and upon further inspection I noticed that there was huge hunks of metal on the left side of the carrier where you adjust your chain at... Well we went and got the truck and took it home and without moving the tires anymore... Well my ? is did I shoot my carrier out or my bearings???Oh and how much can I expect to spend for repairs??? All the stuff that goes back in it is going to be aftermarket....

cdalejef
07-30-2002, 07:58 PM
Usually the bearings go first then that takes out the carrier. Your going to have to take it apart to find out. Go with an aftermarket dualrow or taper bearing carrier.

flaneledholes
07-30-2002, 08:08 PM
How do I take it apart and how do I know which one???

cdalejef
07-30-2002, 08:54 PM
You will see what pieces are broken. I can tell you that your bearings are shot for sure, you'll just have to inspect the carrier for damage. I think there is a wright up somewere on here on how to remove it. Anyone know where this is?

400exBro
07-30-2002, 09:02 PM
i would suggest tappered, sure it is a lot of money but i will last in the long run
just my 0.2 cent
have fun getting that sob out
Bro

angelon400ex
07-30-2002, 09:31 PM
I just blew out my bearings along with my axle carrier and it was a rather expensive repair. Stock carrier is $286 I think if I remember right. I hope you can get it fixed and get back to riding. I was fortunate enough to be riding again by the end of the day.