PDA

View Full Version : Thanks a lot guys...nobody told me this!!

BLEEDRED
04-07-2006, 08:49 AM
I finally got the chance to give my '06 450R a good going over last night on the trails. You guys forgot to mention how sweet this machine actually is. I can't believe it. I'm coming off a worked 440 that I thought ran really strong. There is no comparison. The 450 will outdo the 440 in every aspect. This thing pulls hard, I mean really, really hard. It makes power like a two stroke. You push the gas and the power is instant and pretty much as much as you need.

I only have 20 acres at my place so my trails are pretty tight. And I don't have a lot of straight-aways, only about a 1/4 mile and its hilly/bumpy. So I never even made it into fifth gear. But what was most impressive was the tight trails in second gear...it just wants to run...I love it. Plus the GT Thunder respring, revalve with the rear linked up is really sweet. Soaked up the ruts and woops like they weren't even there.

I haven't cammed it yet, just Rossier full system and air box opened up. Yikes, can't wait to get a cam in it. For the record, no starting problems. You just have to be aware of the throttle, don't touch it when she's hot. And use the choke to start it when she's cold. Sweet bike, seems like Honda hit a home run with this one. Sorry for the long post.

By the way...440 still for sale...make offer. It's a strong bike in E condition, just don't line it up against a 450.

313racing
04-07-2006, 10:17 PM
congratulations on the new bike man!!!
have fun with it
i love mine

Kev450R
04-10-2006, 06:45 PM
I got to ride mine for the first time (other than a break-in ride the previous weekend) at Dumont this past weekend and was more than amazed at what this quad is capable of! I don't ride in sand much and got into trouble on one dune (hit it too slow in too high a gear) I just hit the gas and next thing I'm at the top of the dune :)

I was scared to death about the starting and idle problems I'd read about but I really didn't have any, I just let it warm up for a while when it was cold. The couple of times it stalled while I was riding it started right back up again with almost no hesitation. I still might bump the idle up a little, but I found the idle seemed to increase as the weekend wore on, either that or I just got used to it.

My fan came on a few times, mostly when I'd let it idle for a couple of minutes (such as one time when it idled for about five minutes while I helped a buddy fix the flag on his DB) and another couple of times while we were climbing larger dunes. The ambient temp was near 80 degrees.

All-in-all a great quad :)

--Kevin

yamablaster24
04-10-2006, 07:37 PM
took mine to rumble on the ridge last weekend and my god this thing hauls! There were a couple hairy muddy hill climbs and in 3rd gear pinned you get up in a hurry. :eek2: