PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Eton CVT trans problem.

DANVAN
04-07-2006, 06:24 AM
This is an 2001 Eton Yukon 150.

It grinds when trying to shift it into forward, will not engage, even with eng off, just grinds like crazy. Reverse works fine.

I was advised by a local eton dealer that there were a few gears that go bad and for 7 hrs labor + parts he could fix it.

I ended up buying a service manual and removed the gear box my self, there is no visable damage to the gears that I can see. 1 gear has alot of play on the shaft, but I dont know if its normal or not, or what gear it even is.

I contacted eton back when this problem occured and they said that there was an upgrade kit for the trans that would fix my problem.

Once the gear box was removed and I saw nothing obvious I recontacted eton who has not gotten back to me. I went back to the dealer and their mechanic is on vacation till next tuesday.

I found someone on the net selling eton parts, including the upgrade kit for the trans. When I contacted him to ask what the upgrade was for and if it would fix my problem. and hes telling me I have a problem with clutches and dogs and dog ends in my CVT. I have no idea what he is talking about, can some one here help me with this problem.

Thanks.

DANVAN
04-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Anybody know anything about these cvt trannys? Please.