PDA

View Full Version : ars-fx or laeger

hy250r
04-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Im trying to decide whether to get a long travel frontend and if I were to get one it would be either ARS-FX or Laeger. So I was wanting to know if anybody that had these front ends could help me decide.

Im wanting it for xc and I dont have that big of a budget right now.

wanna_be_ridn
04-06-2006, 11:48 PM
laeger T-pin = indestructable

exrider44
04-07-2006, 08:26 PM
t-pin is really nice but its cha ching for that front end

wanna_be_ridn
04-07-2006, 09:02 PM
true, but do u wanna buy something that will last you in the long run, or buy cheap stuff and keep buyin parts to fix it that iwll eventually add up to the cost of a tpin....

ramp rida 55
04-07-2006, 09:05 PM
i had ars-fx on my last bike and it was a really awesome setup. i had the mx version but they were bomb proof and handled awesome. can't lose if you go with ars-fx

exrider44
04-08-2006, 08:31 AM
I hear you about the t-pin I think the guy said he was on a budget. If I had the cash I would have the tpin in a heartbeat. My friend has it on his 250r its awesome.

450RGNCC
04-08-2006, 09:33 AM
I do not have any first hand experience with either front end, but I have heard that it is hard to get parts for the ARS-FX suspension, and customer service sucks, so just something to think about...

exrider44
04-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Hey 450rgncc how do you like the burgard lt with the axis does it handle well?

bigz-71
04-08-2006, 10:01 AM
i have never owned either front ends but a buddy of mine did have the t-pin, and it was a sweet front end. I would have to say go with the front end, i like that it is indestructable.

QuadRacer041
04-08-2006, 11:32 AM
the t pin is a GREAT front end but..... is not even close to being indestuctable. it requires quite a bit of maintenance, depending on how much time you put on them they could need to be rebuilt at the end of every season. It's quite expensive for a rebuild as well. the t pin is probably one of the best handling front ends but it comes with a heft price tag and requires more TLC then most other front ends as well.

450RGNCC
04-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Well, i bought my quad with this suspension on it and the guy before me had it set up for mx, but i messed with the settings so its working pretty well for harescrambles, but i am sure that a revalve would help a little bit. This is the first long travel set up that I have ever ridden, so I do not really have anything to compare it to, but I do like how it handles and it seems to work pretty well. Unfortunately, I recently bent the left a-arms a little bit (thanks to a tree) so I will still run this setup for now, but I think that I am going to try another set of arms, preferably Laeger's, Lonestar, or maybe Houser, I am not sure yet. I hope this helps.

QuadJunkies
04-08-2006, 10:12 PM
ARS-FX is not for a rider on a budget, trust me.. We just bought them!! lol :p

BUT... Were just now getting it set up, havent even had a chance to even try out the MX version we bought

The XC style looks soo meaty and TOUGH! I know they just got a buttload of stuff in stock so if you was to order soon, youmight be able to get a set up in stock right away. I know alot of peeps are low on inventory with all the racing lately.

Im sure what ever you get will be good. Ther is alot out there to chose from

hy250r
04-08-2006, 10:27 PM
I know thats the problem with laeger, their good but its so damn expensive. So I will probably keep looking for something a little cheaper. ARS-FX prices doesnt seem to bad compared to other companies. Besides, I think their arms are the meanest looking out there.
I just want a set up thats cheap but still reliable. Does anyone know if Bugard have heim joints? How are their prices?

QuadJunkies
04-08-2006, 10:31 PM
I THINK Burgards now have Heim, but dont quote me you would have to look at there site .

I have the older version of Burgards +3 Chrome on my 440ex and Ive had not a single bit of problems with them.

We researched ALOT of supsention set ups and yes ... the ARS-FX is actually very reasonable compared to some of the others.Worth the $$ and the craftmanship is superb.

I would also reccomend JB racing,they were VERY nice and eager in Customer Service