PDA

View Full Version : got my 06 today.....a little worried about one thing....

Tacomac
04-06-2006, 08:40 PM
I started breaking in my 06 today. I decided to go along with the motoman's method that i have read so much about and alot of you have posted about on this site.

Im just a little worried about one thing........i warmed it up well and then went riding. I went through all the gears at varying rpms and such. And also hard decelleration in between.

I came to a complete stop once and decided to really hammer throught the gears. But i think i held 1st a little too long. It started to growl or something in the higher rpms so i quickly shfted into 2nd...........is this normal or could i possible have hurt it. It seemed to run fine afterwards..........i drove for a little longer and then put it away for the night.

Does anyone have some input on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time guys :)

HondaRider250
04-06-2006, 09:07 PM
ahhh its probly nothin u probly just hit the rev limiter ive done that once or twice holdin wheelies too long

kc 300EX
04-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Sounds like you just hit the Rev Limiter. That's what it's there for.

04-07-2006, 03:20 PM
justing hittin the rev limiter...and thats what it is there for..

scanz2k z400
04-08-2006, 08:56 PM
definately rev limiter, i felt the same wy my first day on mine. wait til you put exhaust on it.