PDA

View Full Version : Painting some car body part, need help

enduro400rider
04-06-2006, 08:07 PM
well i sold my eclipse and i ended up getting a crv, i like it and all but they have alot of plastic. if you have seen one you know what i mean. its that black textured plastic that runs along the bottom and middle of the door and the bumpers are like that too. Anyway i want to paint it the same color as the body(dark green) to give it a nice clean look. what all would have to be done? its that ruff textured stuff should i just sand it down and put a film of bondo on it? im not really sure how to do it. i have access to paint guns and stuff so all that isnt a problem its just getting it ready to spray. thanks for the help

Mxjunkie
04-06-2006, 08:10 PM
You could sand it down with the d.a sander and put a thin coat of polyester bondo on everything. Just dont put to much because the heat will warp the piece of plastic..

Diedrich
04-07-2006, 01:58 AM
yea you can either sand it down and put some bondo or fibergel on it or you could just scuff it up some and spray some sprayable bondo on it..i just started using the stuff but it works pretty good for things that take small coats..it really easy to sand too