PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been to Chadwick OHV park?????

frogburner
07-30-2002, 06:50 PM
Has anyone been to Chadwick OHV?? I found out about it the other day, and may plan a trip real soon.... I was wondering though how the riding was.... I read that it is a 12 Square mile chunk of land to ride on.... Thats pretty good size....

Razorback
07-30-2002, 06:55 PM
i've been there a couple of times, when i used to live in n.w. ark. it's a pretty good place to ride. here's a link http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/marktwain/recreation/trails/trail_index.htm

if you like trail riding and can handle "some" rocky and rough terrain, you'll love it at chadwick. the trails are marked and maps are available, so it's easy to know where you are at any given time on the trail. some of the hills even have bricks built into the trails so they won't wash out.

if you go and want to see some crazy stuff, find what they call "dairy queen hill" - it is a nasty hill climb. huge rocks and you can't go straight up the hill. there's a good chance you have to get off your quad and move it around a little just to get to the top. thankfully, once you're at the top, you will hit another trail, so you don't have to come back down it.

frogburner
07-30-2002, 07:01 PM
Are the trails fit for a 400EX and Raptor??? Is it all rocks???? We like hillclimbing , but not when its real rocky though....

markeg192
07-30-2002, 09:41 PM
I haven't been there for a couple of years.It's big,rocky, and has lots of hills.Lots of fast stuff on top.Lots of rocks in the bottoms.If you go be sure to get a map and find Rattlesnake cave.I think theres around a claimed 100 miles of trails.they have camping,but no water.

HAVE FUN

Flyin300ex
11-30-2002, 11:27 PM
i went up dairy queen on my 300ex it as one **** of a trip but ive just played on it a couple of time , but yesterday finally went up without falling off,, the have some nice campgrounds

toby400ex
12-01-2002, 05:45 PM
i was there yesterday, yeah its all rock and the hills are sweet. I also went up dairy queen hill it was a bish of a hill, there is pretty ,much not a spot that has traction.