PDA

View Full Version : Dvx 90??

wreckdiver
04-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Tough to find much on here about this little Cat, but i am thinking hard about one for my daughter. Anyone with any good or bad luck with them? Share your experience please!

badvox
04-07-2006, 08:03 AM
What year? The 2006 models are made by Kymco. Very good quality manufacturing in my opinion. Also means that most of the new aftermarket stuff coming out will bolt right on either a Kymco or Arctic Cat.

Again starting with 06 models. :)

wreckdiver
04-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Yes, it is a new 06 that I'm trying to deal on. Thanks for the info, I can look into the Kymco. Looking at 1700 OTD door for the DVX.

ryann mx68
04-07-2006, 08:17 PM
we have a 05 kymco, its a solid bike.its my daughters...so shes easy on it [just started riding], but when zac jumps on it, he gives it h#ll. seems to be a very well made ride

you should be able to grab the kymco for less than the cat, just because of the badge.

2006's should have plenty of mods availible for it

badvox
04-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by wreckdiver
Yes, it is a new 06 that I'm trying to deal on. Thanks for the info, I can look into the Kymco. Looking at 1700 OTD door for the DVX.

Thats a great price!! Out in California its way more than that.

wreckdiver
04-08-2006, 07:30 AM
I started looking up info on the Kymco, and found a dealer that is fairly local. Gonna go look at his stock today. How available are aftermarket parts if I find a leftover 05 Kymco?

badvox
04-08-2006, 11:04 AM
There are 2 types of a-arms now. They have extended single arms from JB Racing and a dual arm conversion from RATH Racing that is a very nice product. Many shocks of course like FOX, Elka, and Works. All these bolt right up as they are designed for them.

AC Racing has just released the nerfs (nice bolt ons not wleded on), Grab Bar, and bumper. Real nice stuff. See my photos in the Kymco section. Ill put up a new one of the grab bar it is real nice.

Handle bars and stuff well thats an easy one.

Extended axles from Dura Blue.

Motor parts galore from powroll to make it 120cc ATVA legal. Cams too.

What else? That oughta get ya by. My problem was finding a motor builder that I trusted to do the work for me. If you know someone that you trust to do motor work then you're set.

wreckdiver
04-13-2006, 04:47 AM
:cool:Sounds like we will be very happy with it. I'll be picking it up today, won the auction for less than I expected, final OTD is $1600. Didn't want to say much earlier about where I was getting it for fear of incurring more bidders on it ;)

wreckdiver
04-14-2006, 02:04 PM
OK, she loves it other than one slight problem. Both brakes are quite a grab for her little hands. Any suggestions on making the gap smaller. Heat and bend? Shave the handle engagement point? Would like someones suggestion who has had success doing this. Thanks!!

wreckdiver
04-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Anyone changed the brake handles for less distance between them and the handlebars?

04-22-2006, 08:21 AM
1700 is great out the door...raptor 80s are like ~$2400 out the door if i recall and the dvx's look just as nice

:) i would do it, 1700 is a nice price

atvracer980
05-06-2006, 07:28 AM
I paid $1700 for my sons 50 from artic cat- I was told that the 50 has a dvx 90 bottom end and the only other difference is the 50 has smaller wheels and tires- so I think I got a 2 in 1 deal, when my son gets bigger, I'll just purchase the larger top end. I'm very pleased with the dvx 50 and I'm glad to see numerous upgrades out there for it. How similar is the dvx/kymco 50/90's w/ the kasea mini quads as far as suspension ? Is there a manufactored that has a upgraded cdi box- it seems that the 50 hits the rev limiter pretty quick. I've has the restrictor taken out of the carb and the tranny from the dealer.

badvox
05-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by atvracer980
I paid $1700 for my sons 50 from artic cat- I was told that the 50 has a dvx 90 bottom end and the only other difference is the 50 has smaller wheels and tires- so I think I got a 2 in 1 deal, when my son gets bigger, I'll just purchase the larger top end. I'm very pleased with the dvx 50 and I'm glad to see numerous upgrades out there for it. How similar is the dvx/kymco 50/90's w/ the kasea mini quads as far as suspension ? Is there a manufactored that has a upgraded cdi box- it seems that the 50 hits the rev limiter pretty quick. I've has the restrictor taken out of the carb and the tranny from the dealer.

Suspension? Dont know if you want to know about new shocks Works and Elka both sell shocks for the kymcos which are geometrically identical to dvx. The CDI box is unfortuneately different me thinks. On the Kymcos you can just clip the limiter wire. But ive heard it doesnt work on the DVX.

Kinda strange to me. Its gotta be possible though.