PDA

View Full Version : pred suspension setting

kc8pnd
04-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Hey guys, just got my 05 TLE Pred. Let me just say wow, these quads are a handful. I am not that experienced with suspension. I was wondering if anyone could give me a suspension setting for fast tight woods riding, I am 5'8 190lb. I don't do much jumping, small jumps on Wayne National.
Thanks,
Mike

wolffie
04-06-2006, 07:42 PM
stock should be pretty decent! i have the Fox shocks on my 05 TLD, and out of the box they are pretty damn good for woods! if you want to you could adjust the preload to suit your needs!

do you want to go stiffer or softer?

trailrunner77
04-06-2006, 08:39 PM
lower your ride height for the woods riding, it will help from rolling in the corners..... loosen the nuts on top of the springs i think i was around 10.5 in the front and 10 in the rear......... I got elka's now, way much better than the FOX

bradley300
04-07-2006, 07:19 AM
the shocks are set up really stiff from the factory. adjust the preload so the quad is about 9 inches off the ground with you on it.

kc8pnd
04-07-2006, 09:05 AM
I would like to make it a little lower, The back end seems really stiff, like going over small bumps down hill the @ss end try's to come up. On the back reservoir the blue dial is for stiffness 1 being the softest? and the Red dial on the bottom of the shock is rebound? Sorry I don't have a book yet.

PlayHard
04-08-2006, 03:14 PM
You want pretty soft suspension for the woods but make it so you only bottom out on the the very worst bumps you will have on your trail. You do this with compression adjustment. Now the rebound depends on how fast you ride. The faster you ride, the faster you want to set the rebound. If it is set too fast though it will kick up pretty bad. Just have to figure it out for your riding style. You can adjust all of this on the rear shock.

CHADHIX
04-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Hey, Get ahold of me and you can bring it over to my house and I will set it up for you. Trust me I can get it just right for you!!! Glad to see that you finally bought that machine from shawn. Now all that I have to do is sell him that new Ranger he has been looking at!!! Chad

kc8pnd
04-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Thanks chad, maybe I can get my brother to haul it over there one day after work. Shawn wants a 6x6 now LOL getting old!