PDA

View Full Version : Please need help

zr440snopro
04-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi
I have a 2002 400ex and I cant get it running right.
I have a 165 main and 42pilot
I have a k&n airfilter,Dyno jets,White Brothers E Series complete,and white brothers cdi box.
I run it with out the air box lid on
and it still seems to run way to rich
but my problem is that it will start up and from what i had before after messing around with the jets its alot better
it seems to run but wont stay running dont know if
we have a bent valve or what...???
You can start it and it will idle but then u give it gas it will come back down but low enough rpm's to stall it out
But it seems to be acrward since i put 93 octane did clear it up but pumped gas out of sled and put in wheeler and forgot about the dry gas sooo bad enough it wasnt running right
PLease give me suggestions thoughts anything need to get running soon hasnt been rode in about 5months because we keep running into problems.
If you have same setup could you please tell me what jets your running and how your carb is adjusted.
Thanks
Jim

04'400ex'er
04-06-2006, 03:41 PM
If you are using the dynojet kit, then you need their needle, a dj170main, and STOCK 38 pilot. that is your problem if I understand you correctly.

zr440snopro
04-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Umm it runs worse with a smaller pilot and i have the needle on 3rd clip and 165 main and 42 pilot and it doesnt seem to be jetting any more im confused and frustrated with it i dont know what to do with it
i am 15 and i work on these things all the time like my freinds and of course mine turns out to run like crap
need all the help i can get
and hope it works