PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever sold anything on ebay... I need help

Mattman88
04-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Has anyone ever sold anything on ebay. I have a few questions. I really need to sell my dirtbike so I decided to put it up on ebay. I have heard that if there is a charge for using ebay, which of course sucks but oh well. I have also heard that if your item does not sell you are still charged for putting it up for sale. Could I possibly get some clarification for people who have actually used ebay? Also, about how much will it cost.

ballisticpb
04-06-2006, 02:15 PM
ebay charges you a fee to post just like the local news paper does... price all depends on options... will you have a reserve price.. what the opening bid price will be... how long the bidding will go... if you have a buy it now price.... things like that

your best bet is to sign up to ebay and hit sell then walk thru the steps... you can cancel anytime but you will have more of an idea of what it will cost and the options given.

good luck with the auction

97blaster200
04-06-2006, 02:21 PM
if im not mistaking...if your item does not sell, then you may put it back up for free but i may just be retarded?:blah:

gbcap
04-06-2006, 02:22 PM
yes. you get charged just for listing your bike. just like you get charged for putting your bike in the paper even if it doesn't sell.

like he said, it all depends on the options, and when they tell you to bold it and do this and do that, it really does make a difference. when i sold a quad on ebay i got 150 views on it in the first day by spending the extra 20 bucks to make it a featured item (top of the list).

you spend a lil bit now and get a few extra bids and it pays for itself in the end.

PUT LOTS OF PICTURES. the more pics the less people feel like your hiding things.

List all the options, list any major flaws, put in your payment info, shipping info, if your selling it local state that you may end the auction early if you get a buyer locally. look throught other auctions to get a feel for what people do. and you can tell by the bids what bikes get more bids then others.

gbcap
04-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by 97blaster200
if im not mistaking...if your item does not sell, then you may put it back up for free but i may just be retarded?:blah:

they charge you again. no discount for relisting.

97blaster200
04-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by gbcap
they charge you again. no discount for relisting.

thats beat...my cousin told me that they dont...oh well...lol

Mattman88
04-06-2006, 03:09 PM
cool, thanks for the help

A A R O N
04-06-2006, 03:47 PM
just curious.....how much for the bike?:D

NET450r350x
04-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Just remember to be honest and complete when describing the bike. i wouldn't buy anything off ebay if i thought the seller wasn't telling the whole truth.

for example:

bought some a-arm guards for my 450r. the deadbeat seller charged me $15 bucks for shipping and then shipped them media mail (the cheapest way possible). They showed up with a gigantic hole on the side of the ratty *** cardboard box. Plus, one of them is bent so bad i dont know if it'll even fit anymore.... but hey, they were only $5.

Mattman88
04-06-2006, 08:20 PM
A A R O N, pm sent

250rAL
04-07-2006, 07:46 AM
You can find the answers to all your questions on the ebay site. And unless they've changed it, you do get the second listing free if it doesn't sell the first time but it does the second.

honda350r
04-07-2006, 07:58 AM
The dirt bike will cost you 40.00 to list and another 40.00 if it sells.. If it does not sell you are out 40.00, Ebay will let you relist it and refund your second listing fee if it sells the second time !!

Facts !!