PDA

View Full Version : bolt stiped and valves?

Jayson_406
04-06-2006, 01:52 PM
I striped a bolt in the valve cover what can i do to fix this and will i have any problems with running it like that for the weekend. its only one bolt and there aint any oil leaking from the cover also i have adjusted my valves and my motor still seems to tick i used the section on here to do it, im just not sure if i did it write i think maybe i didn't adjust them enough also how much drag should be on the feeler gage when i adjust them ? thanx

Iliketogofast
04-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Your fine as long as they don't leak. They don't do anytyhing important - they are just covers with O rings in them.

If you stripped the head of the bolt, you will have to grab on to it with Visegrips and get it out, and there are somne other methods that I wont list.

If you stripped out the insides of the head, you will have to get a metric tap the same size as the hole.

To do this, take a non stripped cover bolt of the same size and see which size metric die it will screw into. Get that same size tap.

Flyin-Low
04-06-2006, 04:05 PM
There is usually a tick in 400ex's. If it is overly loud than it might be your cam chain, if its streached and your tensioner is at the max it will create a loud tick..

-Martin