PDA

View Full Version : Budds Creek Harescrambles are no more!!!

mudflap
04-06-2006, 07:41 AM
Just called thier phone number and pushed # 3 for quads and they are not having hare scrambles anymore. They need more parking. What a crock of $h!t!!!

cdaleman440
04-07-2006, 06:23 AM
they cant do that i dont think because they have like 3 more races on the d7 schudlue

cletusEX
04-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by cdaleman440
they cant do that i dont think because they have like 3 more races on the d7 schudlue

Apparently they already have. They have already cleared a bunch of woods from what I have been told. If you look on the D7 site under Harescrambles, not ATV Harescrambles, you can see where they have canceled the remaining races at Budds. That was one of the last HS races in Maryland. Now only Oakland remains, and the Wisp for the one GNCC.

dopeyferree
04-07-2006, 11:44 AM
I think it came from a couple reasons but parking was the #1, the rest of the races have been cancelled. Another reason that probley helped was injuries. Budds XC course is so wide open and fast, when injuries happened they were usually kind of bad. I hate to see a place that was so close to my house stop racing but there have always been issues there in the quality of events for the atvs.

400exvet
04-07-2006, 12:40 PM
I think it was your fault cletus. You made "Jerry" mad when you threw away his flier:D . Way to go and screw it up for the rest of us:grr: . Sorry I can't go with you guys this weekend but I have too much other stuff to do.
I doubt it had anything to do with the speed of the course. There are plenty of other tracks with similar conditions and they are still around.
The AWRCS, Koontz and Mid Atlantic Grand Prix are some of the other good series in the Md. area.

cletusEX
04-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by 400exvet
I think it was your fault cletus. You made "Jerry" mad when you threw away his flier:D . Way to go and screw it up for the rest of us:grr: . Sorry I can't go with you guys this weekend but I have too much other stuff to do.
I doubt it had anything to do with the speed of the course. There are plenty of other tracks with similar conditions and they are still around.
The AWRCS, Koontz and Mid Atlantic Grand Prix are some of the other good series in the Md. area.

Go where? Looking at the weather it looks like we won't be riding anywhere. I was hoping to get out considering this is my last weekend of freedom, I finally found a job and start Monday.:eek: I just try and look at it as more beer money and quad parts, it makes it easier to handle. Oh and by the way I kept the flier.

Pappy
04-07-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm sure its all on the management at budds creek, justin, jerry ...that guy probably had no say in it:chinese:

AtvMxRider
04-07-2006, 04:07 PM
It was all Jonathon Beasley's desicion. There have been too many accidents so he said thats it. I have said it once and I will say it again. All they care about up there is the AMA national in june. That is their money maker so they don't give 2 chits about anything else.

cletusEX
04-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
It was all Jonathon Beasley's desicion. There have been too many accidents so he said thats it. I have said it once and I will say it again. All they care about up there is the AMA national in june. That is their money maker so they don't give 2 chits about anything else.

I don't know about too many accidents. They are always having people flown out from the motocross track. Very few people have been hurt badly in the woods. Beasley has always wanted a Grand Prix/Motocross des nations event there. He tried back in the 90's with two grand prix events and failed. I think in order to get the motocross des nations he needed a much larger parking facility. You can't really blame the guy that is what he has always wanted, he just could have made it known to the HS community sooner. The last two races he has been thanking everyone for the large turnouts and telling everyone to keep it up. Oh well another crappy track with scoring problems has been retired. No big deal.

D-7#61-450r
04-07-2006, 07:02 PM
To say that Beasley only cares about tha ama National is crap. I have never been a true believer in his desisions,but at the quad national he flew in Donny Banks to help him build a quad friendly MX track. It may not have been anyones most favorite track but there was an effort.
I did also see where they where clearing land for parking. Which is needed for the dirt bike nats, and a des nation event. Sorry to hear you guys lost another track to race at, but hopefully it will be replaced by another track you guys like better. If Jeremy is still your rep. let him know where you would like to race. We spoke up last year and have a couple of tracks that we suggested on our schedual this year.

AtvMxRider
04-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by D-7#61-450r
To say that Beasley only cares about tha ama National is crap. I

Ok 2 races then. I have never been to that track (and we have been racing there for 4 yrs) and got my moneys worth. We are either cut laps or a whole moto. The people that work there (ALL OF THEM) are the biggest bunch of aszholes I have ever seen.

D-7#61-450r
04-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Two points that definately can not be argued! What happened in one of the kids classes this past weekend proves that even more. I watched a flagger point his flag in a mans face steadilly cusing in front of a bunch of kids watching. I don't care who was right, but he had a job to do and should have just ignored the parent.

D-7#61-450r
04-07-2006, 07:16 PM
One more thing some of you will be glad to hear. John was hit by an angry mom on sunday. Not sure of details I just seen the mark on his face and heard him say he was hit.

250RXCrider
04-07-2006, 07:25 PM
One more thing some of you will be glad to hear. John was hit by an angry mom on sunday. Not sure of details I just seen the mark on his face and heard him say he was hit.

Maybe she was an old girlfriend:eek:

cdaleman440
04-11-2006, 03:19 PM
this is bull shi*

Dupontster
04-11-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm not a real big Beasley fan but he has always treated me OK so I won't knock him....The rumor this past weekend was that he is getting some big international event there in 2007 (Grand Prix/Motocross des nations) I don't think parking is an issue....I think they are adding to the layout of the track itself....They were clearing way back over in a corner (A big area)....I think that is going to be part of the new track because of where it is located.... There is a lot of parking around that place when you include the oval track, the drag strip, and the farm fields that he uses....They still don't care for the quads there though....There were like 67 quads there last Sunday....There were 38 in the C class alone....

mxdad
04-13-2006, 10:25 AM

My understanding was that a mom from the 90 Sr class that they messed up hit him. I won't say names but she is a tough one :macho

bcmx8
04-15-2006, 09:21 AM
wht i was told was that Beasley grabed these two kids and pulled them off of the starting gate and one of them was that ladies son and she slaped beasley in the face then he got mad and told the guy watering the track to spray her with the water and he did. after he did that the lady went over and bunched that guy right in the face. lol it had to of been funny i just missed seeing it happen.

Seano300ex
04-16-2006, 07:39 AM
they finally posted the results to the race

cdaleman440
04-17-2006, 09:38 PM
so where we ganna race now ???:(

cletusEX
04-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by cdaleman440
so where we ganna race now ???:(

I've been running the Mega series out in WV and PA. It's a little more traveling but Paul Koontz runs a great series. Great tracks and very good turnouts.

cdaleman440
04-18-2006, 08:28 PM
website???

cdaleman440
04-18-2006, 08:55 PM
whens there next race?

Seano300ex
04-19-2006, 04:32 AM
i know theres one on September 17 at North Hill in Deep Creek but the Koontz Series website is http://www.koontzadventures.com/

Dupontster
04-19-2006, 05:24 AM
There is a small story in Cycling East (D7 Paper) about Budds getting an international event in 2007....They say that is why there will be no more Harescrambles there this year....Perparations..

AtvMxRider
04-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Dupontster
There is a small story in Cycling East (D7 Paper) about Budds getting an international event in 2007....They say that is why there will be no more Harescrambles there this year....Perparations..

Motocross de Nations

gbcap
04-19-2006, 02:42 PM
beasley is a jackass. he ripped a quads kill switch right off the bike cause the guy was driving in 1st gear as slow as he could around one turn that he shouldn't be on. oops, sorry the guy got lost coming off the track. get a grip beasley. you just cost the guy 30 bucks (was broken) and time to put it back on cause he didn't take the right exit off the track. and he tore his tear offs off.

lets just put it this way, he wouldn't be driving his bulldozer if he ever did that to me. i would have kicked his as5.

the HS races were a joke anyway. it was one big long whoop section cause they used a bulldozer to clear atleast 50% of the track, and most times it was 75-90%. i have never been to another race that cleared thier woods sections with a bull dozer. i went cause it was practice. no other reason. they ran the races like crap. normally scored like crap. track was way to open and fast for a HS.

there were alot of injuries during the HS races actually. one kid got parilized during the bike race jan 7th this year. he was going to fast and got bucked by a whoop. i am glad there is no more races there. i won't ever race one again. not after i see the way that man reacts. who does he think he is having a women sprayed with water. that is just rude and inconsiderate. i saw him riding around "pit riding" with a few buddies of his in full gear on 50cc pit bikes. but i thought that was against the rules. but one of these times. he stopped some men, made them get off and walk thier bikes, but then rode away with the other guys on the 50cc's as well. it is a total bs place in my eyes.

Dupontster
04-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Motocross de Nations

That's it....

cdaleman440
04-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Seano300ex
i know theres one on September 17 at North Hill in Deep Creek but the Koontz Series website is http://www.koontzadventures.com/

but whens the next race

cletusEX
04-19-2006, 06:20 PM
The next Mega series race is this Saturday at Mountain Top in Masontown WV. I'm going to try and make it.

cdaleman440
04-20-2006, 05:59 PM
dam thats 3 and ahalf hours away :mad:

dopeyferree
05-05-2006, 04:46 PM
For anyone wanting to do some more Cross Country racing there is a series in Virginia that is having a race at Virginia Motorsports park this Sunday. Atvs race starts at 2:00. This is the closest event this series has to MD. Check out www.vxcs.org for more details or feel free to send me a pm or email.

Dale@AGP
05-19-2006, 10:54 AM
You might want to take a look at this NEW series...It's called the Atlantic Grand Prix series...14 events in 2006...Visit the website at: http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com

Dale