PDA

View Full Version : Precision Stabilizer Review...

woodsman250r
04-05-2006, 11:32 PM
Well after waiting over a month UPS came with my Precision Stabilizer. Just by looking at it before I bolted it on I could tell there was some serious R&D time invested in it. I bolted it on and adjusted the settings according to the sheet for normal XC racing. As soon as I started on the trails I noticed a major difference in the way my bike handled...AMAZING! This thing completely dampens anything you can throw at it. I hit a few stumps and roots intentionally to see what would happen and as I braced for the shock, it never came. I was amazed how now I could lightly hold onto the bars and focus more on whats going on on the trail instead of what is going to break my wrists. All yea one other thing, if anyone out there is like me and suffers from armpump you will be in heaven with this. I rode 2 laps at around 80-90% and suffered no arm pump which always plagued me prior to having this. I was getting ready to invest in some FLEXX bars but now feel that this is a solid solution towards the problem for now. This stabilizer has about a million settings and also takes affect to tracks that are slippery, muddy and dry. The weather will also affect how this can be setup. I was skeptical about paying the high price tag for this but can honestly say that it is worth all the buck and lives up to the hype. I rode and raced for a half a year in XC and after riding with this would NEVER ride without it. If you ride hard, race, or have arm injuries the Precision Stabilizer is probaly the best bolt on thing you can put on your bike. Without a doubt it is the best thing I have bolted onto mine.

moto440ex
04-06-2006, 05:12 AM
Good Review man. I have been thinking about gettin one too, because lately I have had bad arm pump. On average, I can only go 4-5 laps hard, and then my hands start slipping off the handlebars because my arm pump gets so bad. On the website it says they are on back order for 4 weeks tho, I wish I could get one sooner.

04-06-2006, 06:48 AM
the WER is pretty good too. I would like to compare it to the precision but i have yet to ride a precision

Colby@C&DRacing
04-06-2006, 09:05 AM
We have been using them for about a month now and can't agree more. My wife has broken her wrist twice and needs all the protection she can get while racing. It is amazing how flawless this dampner works, you don't feel any feed back in the bars when hitting obsticals at speed and we have ours turned to the softest setting. It is no wonder the precision dampners are sell faster than we can get them in.

gbcap
04-06-2006, 09:36 AM
you don't feel any feed back

not 100% true. atleast i would word it different for ya.

you don't get BAD feedback. you don't loose touch with the trail and how your front tires are reacting but you lose the jolts from hitting the rocks/stumps/roots.

I let my buddy use it on Budds Creek this weekend and he coudln't say enough good things about it. he just kept going and going.

i pulled mine off the other day after i got my suspension dialed in (new elkas and LT arms) and that was a mistake. first turn i hit off camber i about lost it as it hit a root. i was so used to it being there and taking that hit that i wasn't holding on tight enough.

i put it back on and took that same turn 3x's faster with NO problem. it is a great investment. i am curious what they come out with next to get even better. haha.

the only thing negitive that i will say is that if you set it too hard it makes turning the bars really laboring. but that can change with some conditioning. but on hard you can basically hit a stump head on and not feel it. alteast till you rip your suspension off. or blow a tire..

duke416ex
04-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Mine doesn't change as far as regular turning when you set it stiffer. I still get feedback from hard hits, but nothing like I did without one. I also noticed how it took a lot of the little stuff out also. I just can't get it set like I really want it, but I think a little more practice and tuning on it and it will be set perfect.

eganracing
04-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by moto440ex
Good Review man. I have been thinking about gettin one too, because lately I have had bad arm pump. On average, I can only go 4-5 laps hard, and then my hands start slipping off the handlebars because my arm pump gets so bad. On the website it says they are on back order for 4 weeks tho, I wish I could get one sooner.

i bought mine on ebay and i got it in less than 2 weeks. just another option.