PDA

View Full Version : Going to start a Project

400exkilla
04-05-2006, 10:08 PM
well, I use to have a raptor... and lets say its gone for good.

I started out on a 2-stroke Blaster, then went to 4-strokes and absolutly loved them.

Well i miss the 2-stoke sound and powerband, so im going to start building a 250r, the quad i've always wanted.

Im starting out with a 1987 frame.

Couple questions that i have. what year motors can i use?

Im a big boy, around 260lbs, and 6'4...
should i get a +2 steering stem?

Whats the best but not the most $$$ shocks i can get, i will be doing nothing buy trail riding and some dunes.

Eddiesanders250
04-05-2006, 10:48 PM
If im not mistaken you can use all year engines. for the +2 stem get it, your 6 4 it will be alot more comfortable than stock length. if you are looking for cheap shocks go with works, but if you plan on doing a little more duning go with elka dune edition.

250R-Dee
04-06-2006, 12:15 AM
A buddy (5'11" 300lbs) here on the island is using my old '86 frame and an '86 ATC250R motor to build his project.

The +2 stem should make things more comfortable for your talll frame and I will suggest getting shocks that are valved and setup for your weight/riding style. My friend will be using stock 450R fronts and my old rear shock until I can talk him into getting something better (something setup for a big guy). Notice I did not mention a brand!