PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom teeth

Martin Blair
04-05-2006, 09:55 PM
well i no longer have any wisdom teeht and am of corse on pain meds, but i cant ride for a few days:(

Robin Hood
04-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Ouch, I have yet to experience the removal of my wisdom teeth..

Pray for me please? :(

Sorry to hear about not being able to ride man, we shouldn't even have wisdom teeth anyway. :grr:

Joe400ex
04-05-2006, 10:11 PM
You can make some good money on the pain killers ur getting. Ill tell u that much

antman
04-05-2006, 10:16 PM
i got mine out a wile ago... it was great until i ran out of the drugs they gave me fr the pain... then it totally suxed

wheeltrax
04-05-2006, 10:22 PM
I had mine out about a month ago, actually it wasnt that bad, I went with the "sedation". They hooked me up to an IV with who knows whats in it. I felt nothing. I felt no pain till 3 days after the percocet wore off, then only one spot hurt badly and they gave me another perscription. After that everything felt good. Im glad i got them out, one less thing to worry bout now.

ShiftFMX
04-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Getting my wisdom teeth cut out were by far the worst thing I have ever gone through in my life, I ended up with 2 dry sockets! 20 vicodin in 2 day...:scary:

Still High as the sky...

insaneracin2003
04-06-2006, 09:37 AM
i had all 4 pulled in one day,the pain wasnt that bad,it was the sound of them being pulled that scared the chit out of me....also the pressure of the pulling

Slinky
04-06-2006, 09:43 AM
i need to get mine pulled...they are all in so it shouldnt be too bad.. my dentist said he'd pull the top ones but wouldnt touch the bottom...so i'm going to go to an oral surgion and have them all removed...i have a friend that was out riding the next day with no pain at all, another one was in hell with a dry socket for like a week.....oh well i just went through a root canal at the begining of the week..i really hate having my teeth worked on!

Quadfather
04-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Getting my wisdon teeth yanked was probably worse than my double hernia surgery.

Rob Dob
04-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Quadfather
Getting my wisdon teeth yanked was probably worse than my double hernia surgery.

:eek2: Double hernia!! OUCH:eek2:

Quadfather
04-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Rob Dob
:eek2: Double hernia!! OUCH:eek2:

Wasn't near as bad as I thought it was going to be. The worst part about it was being a sissy for four years, and trying to live with it.

PismoLocal
04-06-2006, 10:32 AM
I had all for of mine pulled when i was 15, they used a pick to break them then they pulled the pieces. I was knocked out for the whole thing and then took 2 vicoden a day for 2 weeks. i didnt really hurt all that bad. I had mash potatoes for like a week strait too, I love mash potatoes.

MR.BIG
04-06-2006, 01:53 PM
I had all 4 of mine cut out when I was 20. It wasn't to bad but as soon as I ran out of pain killers I started getting this terrible nerve pain shooting down my jaw but after getting more pain killers I was good to go about a week later.

400eXr1d3rZ
04-06-2006, 07:15 PM
which one is the "magic wizard tooth"???

400exrules
04-06-2006, 07:24 PM
great, you guys are gettin me real excited about it, i have to get mine out this summer!

whats so bad about it? the actual pulling or just being so drugged up and sore afterwards?

enduro400rider
04-06-2006, 07:59 PM
i had mine out last year. the vicodin is the best part, i did like the laughing gas too though. you should be fine untill you run outta pills. i like to whine so i just *****ed until the doctor wrote me another subsciption. it just hurt to eat, and i got bored of soft food so i just ate regular food after about a week and ignored the pain as best as i could. it wasnt a good idea, the cuts they made got infected and i had to go in and they squeezed this sick looking lime green puss stuff out of the holes, it was sick, i had to squeeze it out every night before bed.

1fst400
04-06-2006, 08:25 PM
reminds me of a zit. lmao.

coolex
04-06-2006, 08:30 PM
i have to have 4 wisdom out and

2 impacted molurs:confused: :confused: has any one had impacted molurs out before

fandl450r
04-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by coolex
i have to have 4 wisdom out and

2 impacted molurs:confused: :confused: has any one had impacted molurs out before

Yea I had all four taken out at the same time. Two molars were impacted, and two were not. If they put you under, you won't even notice them missing. They knocked me out for an hour woke up, and by the end of the day I was eating pizza. I'm a fast healer. ;)

Martin Blair
04-06-2006, 10:16 PM
what do they mean by dry socket? im doing ok so far, pain isnt bad been up ans about all day

i had 2 impacted, im ok so far

beerock
04-06-2006, 10:33 PM
i just had my wisdom teeth pulled in early march, and back surgery on tuesday. they both hurt alot

rbgnwa45
04-07-2006, 06:23 AM
Already had a tooth pulled, and my wisdom teeth need to come out soon :mad: THey're starting to hurt peace

Quad18star
04-07-2006, 06:41 AM
I was supposed to ahve my wisdom teeth pulled out 3 years ago , but never did . Now the roots of the teeth are wrapped around the nerve and if I decide to have them pulled , I'll need a root cannal . :ermm:

Two wisdom teeth have come through ... one on top , one on the bottom . The top one came through fine .... the bottom is half out and is pushing on another tooth . I just live with the occasional pain .

Slinky
04-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I was supposed to ahve my wisdom teeth pulled out 3 years ago , but never did . Now the roots of the teeth are wrapped around the nerve and if I decide to have them pulled , I'll need a root cannal . :ermm:

Two wisdom teeth have come through ... one on top , one on the bottom . The top one came through fine .... the bottom is half out and is pushing on another tooth . I just live with the occasional pain .
i just had a root canal the other day...its really not as bad as everyone makes it out to be...my tooth was a little sore after but i barely felt a thing during it. really its the hour and half in the chair that sucks.

kdub33
04-09-2006, 03:29 PM
i had all 4 of mine cut out last july. i was knocked out the whole time so i didn't know or feel a thing, infact i dont even remember getting out of the chair, the ride home, or even laying down in bed. i woke up that night at 9:30 and thought it was the next day. NEVER take a pain killer and penacillin on an empty stomach!! i woke up started dry heaving, stood still and about fell over and passed out, i lost my vision for about 3 minutes, and probably coulda filled up a gallon jug of just pure sweat. but other than that, its not all that bad, the bleeding was pain in the *** for me tho.

quads14589
04-09-2006, 03:33 PM
man i cant wait till i get mine pulled:mad:

texasame
04-10-2006, 02:17 AM
my wisdom teeth are still here and they aint going anywhere

suck my pipe
04-10-2006, 07:52 AM
I have extra room for mine, and there coming in nicely! :)

sassynic
04-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Ugh...hope you're feeling better. I need to get mine surgically removed since they are fully grown under my gums...I am DREADING the day.