PDA

View Full Version : some newb questions!

therockstar
04-05-2006, 09:22 PM
Hey, I am new to this whole 4stroke thing. Just sold my banshee.. My girlfriend bought a 400ex, and I like it, so i am going to get a 450r.

I plan on leaving it stock, do I have to jet it to change elevations? Will it burn the motor up, or just run half *****?
I am in utah, and ride anywhere from little sahara, san hollow, and not up in mountains tinkering around. I am canning the 2stroke hoping of something more "just get on and go"..

oh ya, how you guys like urs compared to the yfz450? I know ur going to say honda, but let me have it!

woodsman250r
04-05-2006, 10:54 PM
You should always be aware of your jetting just to make sure you are not running to lean or rich. You shouldn't run into a problem if you keep it stock, however you might have to mess with settings more on the carb to get it to fire up right away. If you just properly maintain the R according to a service manual you should have hours of problem free use on it. I have rode both the R and YFZ and I will say that the R has a smoother motor, has better ergonomics, and is more comfortable on the trails. You will be completely satisfied with a 450r if you get one but in being fair you should try to ride both before you made your final choice. :macho