PDA

View Full Version : 400 ex performance

boot116
04-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Dont view my ? and ignore it does anyone know what's the best pipe and other equip. that will help with power. Please answer Thank you.

jeremy_283
04-05-2006, 09:47 PM
any pipe really they dont vary much........ only get a full system if u get a couple engine mods...... otherwise get a slip on.......... to help power here it is in cronilogical order........... jet,pipe,cam,piston, port, oversized valves, new carb............. that is all just my opinion though

04TRX400EX
04-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Depends on if you are looking for power or top speed ...

For power, a good slip-on exhaust (HMF for example), and a high flow air filter (I recommend K&N) with the proper jetting will give you a good increase in power. If you plan on getting into the engine more, get a full system exhaust and then a cam and then a bore kit if you really want to get more power. Combine a full system exhaust, K&N, Hot Cam Stage 1 or 2, and a JE or Wiseco 10.8 or 11:1 compression 416 or 426 kit and you'll be set. If you really want the torque of a 450R, go with a 440 big bore.

For top speed, all you can do is change your gearing (larger front sprocket), but you'll lose some low-end torque. Besides gearing, a new CDI and/or ignition (Vortex for example) will give you a higher rev limiter and some more miles per hour on top.

Hope this helps guide your thoughts :)