PDA

View Full Version : need a little experienced advice on my 06 Z

Tacomac
04-05-2006, 07:22 PM
After i pull the water pump back on my 06 to check for corrosion.......is the seal on the pump no good anymore. Or is it only the clutch cover seal that needs to be replaced after getting a new cover? I want to make sure so that if it does wreck the seal that my dealer has one in stock. Thanks for your time guys

DVX440
04-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Good practice is to ALWAYS replace a seal/gasket whenever you have broken any mechanical peices apart. Whether it be car/boat/atv etc. So I would get a new one to be on the safe side, but I have reused my sided cover gasket 1 time before b/c I was in a pinch before a race.

Tacomac
04-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Does this problem actually affect the water pump at all. I have seen a few guys on Z400 central replacing theirs but i don't understand how the water pump would get damaged by the corrosion?

DVX440
04-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Whenever corrosion starts, it goes into your coolant flow like a virus does your blood. I will keep circling through the system getting worse as time goes by. It can lock up your impeller and result in overheating your motor. Which can do numerous things, warped head, head gasket, etc.