PDA

View Full Version : ITP HD Rears??

RaptorRacer45
04-05-2006, 04:33 PM
i have a chance to get a set of rear Holeshot HDs ate a decent price, im currently running Razr2 rears, how big of a difference will i notice between the 2.....These will be going on a Raptor so the weight issue i dont think will bother me much, I Run Cross Country Races both Mideast and GNCC.......i just want a few more opinions on these tires, Sliding, Grip, Wear...u know, anyway thnanx for any input:D

TRX23rider
04-05-2006, 05:03 PM
i love the HDs! my friend has the razr 2 and mine seem to be holding alot better than his. the HDs hook up great but i have not rode on the razr 2 enough to say either is better.

Blue_Streak23
04-05-2006, 05:20 PM
I thought you said the wear of the two were close to the same Tim.:confused:

400exstud
04-05-2006, 06:12 PM
^^^ I think that he means hold as in grip, not hold up.

04TRX400EX
04-05-2006, 10:49 PM
I've heard good and bad about both ... well not really bad, just not so good. Both provide great grip and hook-up really well, but opinions seem to be pretty mixed on how each holds up in terms of wear longterm as compared to the other. I like the HD's better than the Razr2's but the HD's weigh more.

predator dad
04-06-2006, 02:28 AM
When I had my raptor I had the razor 2's and liked them but when they wore out I put on the HD's. I liked the HD"s better. I now have the HD's on my YFZ and love them.

cdaleman440
04-06-2006, 04:57 PM
my buddys HDs dont stay on the rims.
i run the razr2s and lov em on my dale

400exstud
04-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Did he put air in them?:o

cdaleman440
04-06-2006, 06:55 PM
yeah he put air in them its funny cus we have to stop and go back to the truck because of the HDs and not my cannondale! haha
but yeah they were alright for like a month of ridin then they just started to come off and every time we have to clean the rim and reset the bead. its not fun when your way back in the trail and a tire fails on you

Legal250R
04-07-2006, 06:28 AM
I raced a single set of rear HD's in six GNCC races and about the same number of Koontz races over the last couple of years. The HD's are heavy but they wear exceptionally well. Many of the races were really sloppy-muddy and the HD's were fantastic. When new they don't slide well because they have so much side bite but after a couple races they slide much better. I think forward bite is good with the tires. The only times that I wished for another tire were on hard pack slick courses. In those situations the tire seemed to spin more easily than either XC's or XCR's. I now keep XC's or XCR's on the quad but I have a set of factory wheels with rear HD's in the trailer that I throw on if the track is expected to be muddy or really rutted. I haven't ran Maxxis tires so I cannot make a comparison.