PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmm decisions decisions...need a opinion

FourFiftyFour
04-05-2006, 03:23 PM
All you experienced mx racers- I would like your opinion.

I know most of you arent exactly Cannondale lovers but hear me out.

I might be able to afford, in the near future, either a down payment for a new quad, or new suspension for the Dale.

Now if I got suspension for the Dale, I might not use all the money and I could use the leftover and have it saved up for when I can make a downpayment on a new quad. Ive been on my Dale for quite a while now, and Im pretty comfortable on it. Way more than any other quad...I really like it to be honest with you. I have great sponsors b/c Im on a Dale... love the people that have been helping me out they have been great to work with. The main thing that has been holding me back on the Dale is suspension. I need it very badly.

Or

I could put all of the money in an account and add on to it for a few more months and then put a nice downpayment on a quad or take out a loan for a already set up quad. Another thing to keep in mind is I dont have much credit history. I have taken out one approximately $7000 loan and already have it paid off. So thats basically the only thing that I have as far as credit. I wouldnt be able to get a co-signer or anything so getting a new quad or getting a loan might be tricky. Also I would not be able to race the new quad until next season, as I am supposed to race on the Dale for the 06 season as long as it is running and so forth. Also I might not have as good of sponsors if I got on another brand of quad... so another thing to keep in mind. I know going production is smart, but I have to keep an open mind as what would probably be the smartest choice for right now.

With all of this information...what would probably be the smartest route?

theTman
04-05-2006, 03:28 PM
i would suspension the dale, you have it close to where you want it now and are very comfortable on it, therefore if you got a new quad you would have to spend money making it how you want then get used to it all over again

just my 2 cents

rollie
04-05-2006, 03:29 PM
KEEP THE C'DALE!!!! i love dales too, lol but your one of the only ones left, if you got new suspension you would still have money and wouldnt have to make a payment every month either, just my opinon:)

MOFO
04-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
All you experienced mx racers- I would like your opinion.

I know most of you arent exactly Cannondale lovers but hear me out.

I might be able to afford, in the near future, either a down payment for a new quad, or new suspension for the Dale.

Now if I got suspension for the Dale, I might not use all the money and I could use the leftover and have it saved up for when I can make a downpayment on a new quad. Ive been on my Dale for quite a while now, and Im pretty comfortable on it. Way more than any other quad...I really like it to be honest with you. I have great sponsors b/c Im on a Dale... love the people that have been helping me out they have been great to work with. The main thing that has been holding me back on the Dale is suspension. I need it very badly.

Or

I could put all of the money in an account and add on to it for a few more months and then put a nice downpayment on a quad or take out a loan for a already set up quad. Another thing to keep in mind is I dont have much credit history. I have taken out one approximately $7000 loan and already have it paid off. So thats basically the only thing that I have as far as credit. I wouldnt be able to get a co-signer or anything so getting a new quad or getting a loan might be tricky. Also I would not be able to race the new quad until next season, as I am supposed to race on the Dale for the 06 season as long as it is running and so forth. Also I might not have as good of sponsors if I got on another brand of quad... so another thing to keep in mind. I know going production is smart, but I have to keep an open mind as what would probably be the smartest choice for right now.

With all of this information...what would probably be the smartest route?

The way I see it...

"If it aint broke, dont fix it"

What I mean is... you really seem to like your quad, your comfortable on it and dont really have any reasons to change. I say keep it!

I'm not an experienced MX racer as you mentioned, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. :D

2004-400ex
04-05-2006, 07:27 PM
i would say keep the dale scince you like it

well if you decide to buy new shocks send me a pm and i would gladly take the old ones
and if its not to much trouble could you tell me the length from eye to eye

antman
04-05-2006, 09:22 PM
i would get suspension for the dale and save up for a down payment with whatever is left over.

trx400exxracer
04-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by antman
i would get suspension for the dale and save up for a down payment with whatever is left over.

thats a good Idea

FourFiftyFour
04-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Moto49X
keep the dale Kara...dont forget, i had one too!

The power is there FOR SURE. They have no problem keeping up with these new 450's. And honestly, the front suspension on the Moto isnt half bad. The rear end (IMO) is what kills it, a walsh swinger and a PEP rear shock will give you a much better ride. Maybe you feel different but thats just what i think. If you have any questions hit me up on AIM or yahoo...

all 3 of my shocks are trashed so i would have to get all new shocks all the way around