PDA

View Full Version : Should I?

quadracer44
04-05-2006, 12:58 PM
okay i am thinking of getting an ltr, but i am so confused i dont know what to think. Magazine reviews are all positive saying it is soo much better than honda and yamaha. They say they have days of testing with no probs. but looking on this forum i hear about people expierencing problems within hours.

SO if you have one how is it, fast? reliable? any probs? comments? Thanks all for the help

rollie
04-05-2006, 01:51 PM
I dont have one, but ANY first year quad is going to have problems, its impossible not too and from what ive heard its little things like clutch cables and things like that, yeah some of the frames break but mike from walsh seem to find a way to fix the tabs, i rode one last weekend, it is fast, it has better throttle response than a YFZ or R for sure, i couldnt really open it up due to just riding it around the pits at a track, so idk about overall power, my buddys been riding his for 2 weeks and the only problem he had is it wasnt running perefectly right, it might be because he only had 110 race gas to put in it and the computer is meant for 93, other than that he had no problems, i think that if you get a chance to get an LTR deffintaly do it, they seem like an awsome quad and im looking forward to the end of this season to get mine
:cool:

sorry for the long post, lol

Ridin' Jesse
04-05-2006, 02:05 PM
I'd say go for it...I've had my LT-R for a while now, and the only problems I had were me wrecking once haha...the quad is great...I can't complain about it at all.

quadfam4
04-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Of the quads I have I like the LT-R the best. Has plenty of power with a $45 mod. Stock to stock comparison - handles the best. Power and handling a great package. Very easy to ride. Have had mine for about 2 months, been out riding about 10 days. No problems.

tone
04-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Ive had mine for a month no problems yet it rides awesome you can take turns so fast the power is so smooth

goldrims04
04-05-2006, 05:50 PM
no problems here and dont not buy because its the first year bike if u look what suzuki does they wait till the competition builds first to perfect their own and i was a die hard honda guy till i rode this one it has all the bells and whisles

04-05-2006, 07:06 PM
i am selling my kfx450 and considering the ltr450...and was wondering if you guys could tell how the stock power felt on the ltr....if you have added a pipe, how much power did the ltr benefit from it?
Thanks

Ridin' Jesse
04-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Stock its a lil weak....gett he cherry bomb..its a whole different story..WAY mroe power everywhere...theres a Dyno also on here somewhere that say the Yosh pipe and cherry bomb w/ 50/50 race gas will run around 48 HP I think too.

04-05-2006, 08:13 PM
great info..thanks

quadracer44
04-06-2006, 04:22 PM
sounds like a go to me