PDA

View Full Version : 2 all the R GURUS

bardeenm1
04-05-2006, 11:12 AM
Okay guys I've got a couple questions.
I currently run a FMF Fatty and FMF silencer and my 265 cylinder is ported for more top end power pulls real hard up top. I'd like to pull the powerband down a little in the rpm's to be more usuable until I get my other motor bulit. I've gone ahead and picked up an LRD adjustable full exhaust and two different reed spacer plates.

Now to the questions
1. How does the LRD compare to the FMF?
2. My FMF 2 piece expansion chamber will not come apart I've tried heat and PB lube any suggestionson getting it apart? The exhaust is in great shape so I'd like to not damage it

CorvetteZ06
04-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Well, its important on a 2 stroke to have an exhaust design that will work with your specific engine application. You said your cylinder is ported for a lot of top end performance, so a pipe tuned for a top end power band would be your best bet. But since you say you want more low end, the LRD adjustable is a good choice that may help get some low end, but it wont help the potential of your top end tuned cylnder. LRD makes top notch products, the FMF fatty is also a good pipe, its more of an exhaust that improves the whole powerband overall. Try to heat it up and keep trying to twist it and move it back and forth, if its really rusted in there you might have to cut it. Good luck!

TheFontMaster
04-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Try taping the pipe where it hooks together with a hammer. Not hard enough to dent it, but just enough to maybe knock it loose.

Eddiesanders250
04-05-2006, 07:07 PM
put a towel over it and a rubber mallet.

beerock
04-06-2006, 08:07 AM
heat up the outer part of the fmf while twisting and yanking on the header

Teufel
04-06-2006, 04:11 PM
The LRD agjustable will increase you low end and mid range when comparing it to the FMF Fatty. However you will not loose a ton of top end with the LRD it is a great overall pipe; remember it is ajustable.
:cool: