PDA

View Full Version : W.E.R stabilizer ?'s

mills_racing
04-05-2006, 07:17 AM
I have a W.E.R stabilzer and i bought a prm bumper, well the bumper is so strong its bout impossible to get it bent to fit right, so while i was at steel creek i seen a guy who had cut the tabs off on the WER and had the front held down with a U bolt i think and it looked really strong...He had said it worked just fine but if anyone has any other ideas let me know. Im going to cut it tomorow evenin so i can race big buck. Its also for sale in the forsale section if anyone is interested.

Pappy
04-05-2006, 07:30 AM
it will work fine if you do as you have stated. lateral motion is all that needs to be addressed.

you can also cut off the front tab and make a new mount a bit further back just becareful to not interfere with the connecting rod.

mills_racing
04-05-2006, 07:35 AM
Thanks pappy ...all i plan to do is cut the mounting tabs that the front bumper bolts go through.

Pappy
04-05-2006, 07:39 AM
yep thats all ya have to do. i had to cut my mounting plate to clear my front gussets and i believe i redrilled the holes and mounted the front J mount further back. 2 years and no problems.

04-05-2006, 09:53 AM
i put my bumper in a vice and hung off the other side of it to get it to bend. this bumper is a lot weaker then your bumper prob. though

mills_racing
04-06-2006, 06:06 PM
yeah those PRM's have a big reinforcement that keeps it from bending much at the mounting point . I ended up cutting only one tab off the stabilizer which made it enough room for the bumper and everything to line up correctly. i mounted it up and it works fine.