PDA

View Full Version : I'm gettin scoped

exboy
04-05-2006, 06:37 AM
I remember a thread on here a while back called don't get scoped, well i am. for those of you who do not know what this means, they take like a tube with a camera on the end of it and stick it down ur throat and look around. thats not the bad part though, next they go up ur hiney(excuse my french). yep its gonna suck. i'll be asleep but im just not to fond of the idea of what they'll be doin to me.:ermm:

Pappy
04-05-2006, 06:47 AM
you wont feel or remember a thing when they go down your throat....

when they go up the other end ir will be some discomfort and embarassing but you'll live

exboy
04-05-2006, 06:49 AM
I thought it was bad enough when he had to stick his finger up there but this trumps that. One thing to remember when the doctor has to stick his fingers up there just make sure both his hands aren't on ur shoulders:eek2:

Pappy
04-05-2006, 07:07 AM
son, the most important thing to keep in mind is that they use the right scope for the right end:chinese:

insaneracin2003
04-05-2006, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
son, the most important thing to keep in mind is that they use the right scope for the right end:chinese:
lmfao....yup..had it done,but the doc used the rite scope on the rite end for me...the best thing about it is the drugs they use to put ya out......can you say CLOUD NINE

wilkin250r
04-05-2006, 10:07 AM

And if they're using the same scope, just make sure they do your throat first. :eek:

trx400exxracer
04-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
And if they're using the same scope, just make sure they do your throat first. :eek: lol:p

Honda4trax250x
04-05-2006, 03:49 PM
you said hiney

:p

Pappy
04-05-2006, 04:00 PM
all of the fun "poking" aside,

why do you have to under go the tests:(

JOEX
04-05-2006, 08:04 PM

Wait, one more.......

Have you ever wanted to be a cowboy?:uhoh:

exboy
04-05-2006, 09:16 PM

When i was little the docter said that i had acid reflux. And i have super bad stomache problems all the time. they say there pretty sure that i have irritable bowel(sp?) sindrome, but they want to make sure its nothin worse.

DieselBoy
04-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by exboy
I thought it was bad enough when he had to stick his finger up there but this trumps that. One thing to remember when the doctor has to stick his fingers up there just make sure both his hands aren't on ur shoulders:eek2:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

400exrules
04-05-2006, 09:36 PM
When i was little the docter said that i had acid reflux. And i have super bad stomache problems all the time. they say there pretty sure that i have irritable bowel(sp?) sindrome, but they want to make sure its nothin worse.

what a great way to ''make sure''......all this technology these days, and they still resort to shoving a hose up your hoohoo:o

JOEX
04-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
what a great way to ''make sure''......all this technology these days, and they still resort to shoving a hose up your hoohoo:o
That hose has a camera in it, quite an achievment IMO;)

Quad18star
04-06-2006, 04:25 AM

It's technology that could potentially save your life . Trust me , it's better to have this scope shoved up your rear , than to have to lay on an operating table while the doctors have you cut open and try and figure out whats wrong with you . Been there , done that .... not a fun experience .

When you're older you'll have to go through it usually every few years to make sure everything is still working perfectly and in good health .

exboy
04-06-2006, 06:57 AM
I know its for my own good but dude its gonna suck. i know ill be out while they're doin it but will i be sore?

quadrcr161
04-06-2006, 07:07 AM
from what i can remember yes, talking will not be fun for the next day or so. when i was around 6 or so, dont really remember, i had to have a tube down my throat while i was awake, and pulled out, then a tube down my nose and attached to a machine for 24 hrs. that sucked and was pretty uncomfortable. i dont remember much about them putting me out, but i do remember waking up and not being able to talk and it felt like they shoved a 6 D cell maglight down my throat. the worst experience about it was drinking this chalky substance so they could x-ray me.

insaneracin2003
04-06-2006, 07:32 AM
my bung-hole wasn't sore afterwards,good thing it was a small scope,but 'in my experience,purchase sum Preperation H.i have had Hemmors ever since.not constant,but occasionaly.never had them before the scope.Definately a good decision to get checked out though especially the way cancer has become pretty common.
Wow,this thread is getting quite personal :chinese:

DieselBoy
04-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Oh my god, the embarassment itself would feel so ackward... good thing they put you out, the humiliation being awake would be too much. how long does this horrid event last?

insaneracin2003
04-06-2006, 10:30 AM
i guess i was being violated for about 30 min. i am really not sure,dont remember

Quad18star
04-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Everytime I've had it done , they've never put me out ... I was always sedated to relax . If they aren't putting you out , try taking 1/2 a Benedryl and 1 or 2 Tylenol ( that's usually what my doctor has recommended ) or just wait until they give you something . I've never had to have the scope down my throat , but I know people who have . You'll most likely have a sore throat for a day or two afterwards , but that's usually all .

DieselBoy ....it's nothing to really be embarassed about ... it's a routine thing and most older men have it done either once a year or every 3 years . When you're sitting in the waiting room and you look around you and theres 10 other men waiting to have the same thing done it brings the discomfort level down , knowing you're not the only one having it done . The procedure usually takes about 10 -15 minutes .... sometimes a little longer if they're doing biopsies (?)

I've had it done many times cuz of Crohn's Disease .... it's nothing . The worst part of it , is the stuff they make you drink the night before . I just think about drinking that stuff and it makes me wanna puke ... the hair literally stands up on my arms when I think of it .

insaneracin2003
04-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Everytime I've had it done , they've never put me out ... I was always sedated to relax . If they aren't putting you out , try taking 1/2 a Benedryl and 1 or 2 Tylenol ( that's usually what my doctor has recommended ) or just wait until they give you something . I've never had to have the scope down my throat , but I know people who have . You'll most likely have a sore throat for a day or two afterwards , but that's usually all .

DieselBoy ....it's nothing to really be embarassed about ... it's a routine thing and most older men have it done either once a year or every 3 years . When you're sitting in the waiting room and you look around you and theres 10 other men waiting to have the same thing done it brings the discomfort level down , knowing you're not the only one having it done . The procedure usually takes about 10 -15 minutes .... sometimes a little longer if they're doing biopsies (?)

I've had it done many times cuz of Crohn's Disease .... it's nothing . The worst part of it , is the stuff they make you drink the night before . I just think about drinking that stuff and it makes me wanna puke ... the hair literally stands up on my arms when I think of it .
I was trying to get that nasty stuff out of my memory quad18star...lol...thanks for the re-input...that stuff is like drinking of Gulf Water.....

MR.BIG
04-06-2006, 11:41 AM
I had one a while back when I was extremely sick. I had the one in the back door not the throat though. You won't even know what's going on until you wake up. If it makes you better that's all that matters.

ballisticpb
04-06-2006, 12:36 PM
the one down the throat is not that bad.. got it done a year or two ago i had a sore throat for a day or two after the fact.. but no discomfort while getting the test done. they did put me to sleep.. woke up about two hours later.. my stomach was upset for a few days due to the sedatives that they gave me.

wilkin250r
04-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Everytime I've had it done , they've never put me out ... I was always sedated to relax .

Stop getting it done in the back of a pub!

Quad18star
04-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Stop getting it done in the back of a pub!

Hey now ....... I'd rather be sedated a little and know what's going on , rather than being put out and not having a clue what the Doctor and his assistant are doing !!!

But really ..... getting put to sleep sucks . You wake up not having a clue where you are , or what's going on .... then you start to puke . Almost like a good old highschool party , except you know there wasn't a party happening !!!!!

DeerNuts
04-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Almost like a good old highschool party , except you know there wasn't a party happening !!!!!

Haha. This is one of the best threads. That's too funny.

Maybe I'm laughing b/c I've never had a colonoscopy or whatever it is. It's rich reading about people getting things shoved up their wazoos.

:p

I didn't think I was gay:confused: :chinese:

DieselBoy
04-06-2006, 05:45 PM
i guess i was being violated for about 30 min.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!

my bung-hole wasn't sore afterwards,good thing it was a small scope,but 'in my experience,purchase sum Preperation H.i have had Hemmors ever since

LOL!!!!!!!

Goodtimes. You made my night.

400exrules
04-06-2006, 07:55 PM
hmmm glad im young, maybe they will get some kind of good technology by the time i need one, maybe like, extremely small hose or something lol

exboy
04-06-2006, 08:25 PM
hmmm glad im young, maybe they will get some kind of good technology by the time i need one, maybe like, extremely small hose or something lol

im only 15.

1fst400
04-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Im not looking foward to getting anything up any where. I'm glad that crap dont happen to me..

Knocking on wood........

still knocking on wood...

KWAD GAWD
04-06-2006, 08:55 PM
The butt camera is 6 feet long. I'm serious. The worst part is (besides the 6 foot camera in your intestines) is the liquid you have to drink the day before that cleans you out and makes you pee out your butt all night before.

1fst400
04-06-2006, 08:59 PM
damn. Im going to bust my knuckles from knocing on this wood so hard.

stop with all the bad news.

400exrules
04-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
The worst part is (besides the 6 foot camera in your intestines) is the liquid you have to drink the day before that cleans you out and makes you pee out your butt all night before.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yah my mom and dad had to have it done so ive heard about the liquid lol!:eek2:

exboy
04-07-2006, 06:51 AM
Yeah i have to mix the stuff with gatoraid and drink it till im chittin water basically.:( :( god this sux.

Quad18star
04-07-2006, 07:10 AM
Yeah i have to mix the stuff with gatoraid and drink it till im chittin water basically.:( :( god this sux.

And they say it's supposed to taste like lemons . Like chit it tastes like lemons ...... tastes more like nasty friggen salt water with a really bad after taste . I've come to the conclusion , that no matter what you mix it with , it's still going to taste horrible .

More advice ..... when you drink it , use a straw . Put the straw as far back as you can ..... gulp it down and have a couple glasses of water near by to wash it all down with . The hair is standing up on the back of my neck again just thinking about it . :ermm:

DieselBoy
04-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by 1fst400
damn. Im going to bust my knuckles from knocing on this wood so hard.

stop with all the bad news.

LOL

DieselBoy
04-07-2006, 09:24 AM
so i guess the crapping liquid drains all your waste out so there not hitn' turds on the way in

Jake250ex
04-07-2006, 10:45 AM
I was the one with the first "gettin scpoed" thread. It was sweatin me real bad... and I hate to say it but it was for a damn good reason :ermm: Dont mean to knock you down but its not enjoyable. When I woke up I thought I was on another freakin planet and jumped up and tried running to the bathroom (having no idea where I was) until I got about 3 feet and a bunch of freakin cords were attatched. It hurt like hell when I went too. They did a colonoscapy (butt tube), tracheotomy (throat tube), and biopsy (taking tissue samples). Whats worse is after it was all over I had an allergic reaction to the drugs they gave me, and they also overloaded me on it. What I had was called a paradoxical reaction... I thought I was gonna crawl out of my skin! My heart rate almost doubled and I stopped breathing for a minute or so and took an ambulance ride to the hospital. Its all better now, everythings back to normal but it still haunts the hell out of me everytime I tihnk about it.

I know I have made it sound horrific, but I think youll be fine. I was a rare case. If you get to feeling super strange after its over all I can say is stay calm and lay down, because from what I hear paramedics werent able to do anything for me. I dunno man... tell us how it goes.

exboy
04-07-2006, 05:11 PM
i have to all three of those too.