PDA

View Full Version : riding northern va

halfraptor
04-05-2006, 02:20 AM
looking for anywhere within a couple hours of front royal mx,trails, hills, mud, anything new.anybody from FR. out there ive got a pretty good place to ride about 15-20 miles of trail looking for some new blood. hit me up t

Donkey1
04-05-2006, 06:11 AM
where are u

dopeyferree
04-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Im in Fredericksburg and there are a couple places locally but nothing really big. Have you tried Taskers Gap or the Cove yet. Those are about the only 2 public places.

JRP
04-05-2006, 04:53 PM
where are som places "locally" doperferree? Im lookin for some good tracks to ride at, that dosent have an age limit/ Thanks

speedracer400
04-05-2006, 08:42 PM
I know some places wanna ride?

halfraptor
04-06-2006, 02:31 AM
absolutely,all i need is a time and place, prefferably sunday and i may have a few friends. i am always looking for new soil to disrupt. if your serious let me know the next time your online and we'll discuss it. right on

Donkey1
04-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Halfraptor where do you ride. Where do u live. I am in leesburg. I ride at my friends house we go other places some times.

halfraptor
04-07-2006, 02:52 AM
i ride in front royal we have a little riding club (619-BEER,BIKES,& QUADS) about a dozen riders with lots of visitors we ride on about 60 acres, we got a mudhole,hill climbs(4 good ones),400 ft drag strip, and lots of trails.sometimes friends donate old cars and well you know what happens when a dozen rednex get their hands on a junk car and let loose on a powerline....total destruction.i'm still new to this forum not really sure how it works but if you can get me your # maybe we can set something up always looking for new members VIVA la 619 peace!!

donkey2
04-07-2006, 10:30 AM
who do you ride with. I know some riders in that area

04gixxer
04-07-2006, 01:56 PM
I am headed out to Taskers Gap tomorrow. Never been, but I hear it can be a decent ride. My friend knows of a few mx tracks around he is in warrenton. I will check with him this weekend and let you know.

dopeyferree
04-07-2006, 06:55 PM
A couple buddies and I are planning to go to Taskers Gap on Wednesday as long as the weather is ok.

JRP
04-07-2006, 07:42 PM
wheres taskers gap, what all do they have there? trails or mx?

dopeyferree
04-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Taskers Gap is a trail system in the George Washington National forest. It is about 2 hours from Fredericksburg. It is a rocky trail system. Make sure if you go you have skid plates and atleast 20" tires.

04gixxer
04-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Got back from a pretty good ride out there. They did a lot of work and apparantly it is not as rocky as it used to be. The only mx track that I was able to come up with close by is Tommahawk. It is exit 8 (i think) off of 81 in wv.

wvspeedfreak
04-10-2006, 06:31 PM
04gixxer...did you ride the trail across the road from the parking lot?The last time I was up there they had it gated off for repairs.It was very deeply rutted up from Jeeps and stuff before.I was just wondering how it is now.

04gixxer
04-11-2006, 06:12 AM
That is the one that we rode. It was closed to make repairs to the trail for the winter. It is not rutted out at all now. The top is a little rockey, but it was a good ride. We were going to ride the other part as well, but a gash in the sidewall forced me to call it a day early. I am going back up on Saturday to ride the other part and maybe back across the road again.

mike_repine
04-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Have you been to breezewoodprovinggrounds in PA? It hosts 3 Motorcross tracks of different levels. I don't believe they have trails though. I've been there three times and every time the track has been in awesome condition. Takes me about 1.5 hrs to get there from Winchester. Here's the link: http://www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com/
BTW, atvriders.com will be ther May 5,6, & 7th. Should be pretty cool. Hope to see you there sometime...

Mike

wvspeedfreak
04-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Yeah Breezewood is alot of fun.I see you are from Winchester.My brother-in-law lives in Mountain Falls and works in Winchester.

truestreet300
04-20-2006, 10:08 PM
where is everybody riding around fredericksburg we ride in thornburg getting kinda boring now building houses now where we used to ride we are always up for riding let me know maybe we can hook up and ride
sean

4punksdad
04-21-2006, 04:35 AM
front royal trails.........I have a few.

04gixxer
04-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Are the trails in front royal open to the public or is it private ground that you are riding on?

dopeyferree
04-21-2006, 06:22 PM
I made a trip to Southern MD atv park today. Not too bad. Decent trails and a mild mx course. Be ready for a completly new experience if you ride the mx course. Almost all the turns are mulch instead of dirt. Very diffent, almost too much traction and very tricky to ride on when its wet like it was today. Still alot of fun. If you ride there on Fridays its only $30 to ride.

truestreet300
04-21-2006, 07:10 PM
where in front royal and can we ride need some directions

squrll
04-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Have a little woods HS loop here in NOVA we just started
few weeks ago

dopeyferree
04-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Where at in Fairfax. I work at FT. Belvoir, actually my quad is here at work with me now. I live in Fredericksburg

squrll
04-23-2006, 06:28 AM
I am in the city of fairfax/ loop is in stearling/also have pratice loop in stafford just wont be there much longer

mad_matt
05-04-2006, 01:26 PM
From what I hear the Strling/AOL location cang et you dawn to Manassa. I rode there on Sunday and did some mudding near 606. It appears to be a popular place.

4punksdad
05-04-2006, 01:31 PM
northern VA.........gotta love it.

4punksdad
05-04-2006, 01:35 PM
front royal tease

4punksdad
05-04-2006, 01:39 PM
trails-r-us

4punksdad
05-04-2006, 03:25 PM
splash?

MOS300ex
05-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Hey I am about 30 mins north of Leesburg, up in Frederick Co. MD, Id love to come ride with you guys if you want to ride with me! Im always lookin for new places to rip around and have fun. Esepcially when its with a good group of riders who like to have fun

kjfox
05-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Hi,

Live in Northern, Va ride Suzuki Z400, Honda XR200 dirt Bike. I ride with mainly with my son who is 16.( Very mild rider, he mainly rides dirt bike). Went to Peters Gap last weekend.(Kinda Rocky) Rode 606 few times last year. Have not this year, I want to ride legal areasHatfield and McCoy ( love it), Rausch Creek , Southern Maryland ATV park. Would be up tfor a ride in Front Royal, if legal. Send details about your psuedo riding club. Would be very interested. Feel free to contact me.

Ken

Kenneth_Fox@verizon.net

4punksdad
05-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by kjfox
Hi,

Live in Northern, Va ride Suzuki Z400, Honda XR200 dirt Bike. I ride with mainly with my son who is 16.( Very mild rider, he mainly rides dirt bike). Went to Peters Gap last weekend.(Kinda Rocky) Rode 606 few times last year. Have not this year, I want to ride legal areasHatfield and McCoy ( love it), Rausch Creek , Southern Maryland ATV park. Would be up tfor a ride in Front Royal, if legal. Send details about your psuedo riding club. Would be very interested. Feel free to contact me.

Ken

Kenneth_Fox@verizon.net

try green ridge state park in maryland. legal trails there.

dopeyferree
05-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Anyone in the area looking for some Cross country racing this Sunday check out www.vxcs.org There is a race in Petersburg, VA just south of Richmond. This series is kind of new and very small. Should be a good day for racing. The race is 1.5 hours long. Similar to GNCC but alot smaller. The race this weekend is being held at Virginia Motorsports Park. Any questions feel free to email me at dopeyferree@hotmail.com or check out the site. See you there

mike_repine
05-22-2006, 10:58 AM
WVSPEEDFREAK, Sorry it's taken so long to reply back. Yeah, I've lived in Winchester for 35 years except for the eight years I was in the ARMY. Where do you live in WV? You mentioned your brother-in-law lives in Mountain Falls area. It's real nice country out there. I was actually looking to buy some property out that way but decided to hold off until the rates come down some.

BTW, are you going to Breezewood this weekend? Dan has alot of cool events planned plus the new track changes he made last week are sure to be awesome. I'll be there Sat. and Sun. I ride a yeller LTR #603. If you see me give a yell. Later man..

wvspeedfreak
05-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by mike_repine
WVSPEEDFREAK, Sorry it's taken so long to reply back. Yeah, I've lived in Winchester for 35 years except for the eight years I was in the ARMY. Where do you live in WV? You mentioned your brother-in-law lives in Mountain Falls area. It's real nice country out there. I was actually looking to buy some property out that way but decided to hold off until the rates come down some.

BTW, are you going to Breezewood this weekend? Dan has alot of cool events planned plus the new track changes he made last week are sure to be awesome. I'll be there Sat. and Sun. I ride a yeller LTR #603. If you see me give a yell. Later man..

I live in Wardensville,WV...about 30 miles west of Winchester.We will be at Breezewood Sunday and Monday for the mini quad race.I will probably be crusing around the place on my wifes 250ex trying to keep an eye on my 7 year old :D I will definately look you up and introduce myself.See you there.

bsjoe
08-28-2006, 10:16 AM
A few months late, just found this thred

I live in northern VA, Annandale if anyone knows that place.

My dad owns about 20 acres less then a mile away from Taskers Gap trails, so me and my friends drive up there several times to ride there. There are only two trails really that are fun (you can go fast basicly) the rest are the types where you do that slow 5mph over rocks stuff that is boring and makes you wonder why people find it fun to do that for a whole day.

If anyone wants to ride there, weekend normally, just tell me and I can meet ya there if you want. My email is Finaltheorem47@gmail.com

I want to hit the mx track because I've never been, so I think I'll try Breezewood when I get my licence next month and can drive up there, herd its very good!