PDA

View Full Version : Investments?

antman
04-04-2006, 11:38 PM
what kind of investments you all put your money in??? i have been thingking about investing a little cash so i will have more than a little cash when a rainy day comes around that i want to do or buy somthing but not shure who i want to invest... just wondering what y'all doin..

quader400
04-05-2006, 12:21 AM
i would like to know the same thing

04-05-2006, 12:33 AM
put all the money i get into gas and 4 wheeler parts (i dont have job im 16)

PismoLocal
04-05-2006, 12:36 AM
Invest your savings into a CD if your looking into a safe and short term investment . Either that or real estate get it while you can and hold on to it as long as possible.

XCAdam89
04-05-2006, 04:34 AM
My dad just got his realtor liscense, so He is looking into investments now. He says the best kind of things to invest in are rental houses. Trailers especially, not everyone can afford a house and some need cheap housing, and they are not that expensive to own. They bring in from $500-900 a month, then you can buy more than 1 with your profits and soon it will pay your current mortgage ect.

infantry317
04-05-2006, 06:13 AM
They keep saying real estate is gonna drop very soon, but who knows. I'm in the stock market myself just learning the ropes managing a self-directed IRA and a small personal account. About half in mutual funds and half in stocks.

Joe400ex
04-05-2006, 06:25 AM
I say go with the houses. My dad builds homes. He does his job and real estate at the same. And as long as u keep re investing and dont pay tax ull be ok. Just put ur money in the right spot.

PismoLocal
04-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by XCAdam89
My dad just got his realtor liscense, so He is looking into investments now. He says the best kind of things to invest in are rental houses. Trailers especially, not everyone can afford a house and some need cheap housing, and they are not that expensive to own. They bring in from $500-900 a month, then you can buy more than 1 with your profits and soon it will pay your current mortgage ect.

From what i understand the rental houses are pretty much just a way of holding on to a house while you wait for inlflation to push the price of the house up. The money isnt in renting it out its in the equity that builds in the property. Usually renters only pay a couple hundred over the mortgage payment. It works good because you put down 20k on the house and then rent out so they pay mortgage. 5 years later the house is worth 100k more, you sell the house and you get back the money you put down, the money that the renters paid lets just say 60k (1k/mo that they paid) and 100k in equity that built up over the last 5 years. what started out as a 20k down payment is now 180k.

PWM_330EX
04-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Energy stocks or a mutual fund that invests heavily in the energy sector.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/04/04/news/companies/bestinvestments_f500_fortune/index.htm?cnn=yes

Quad18star
04-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Make an appointment to sit down and talk with an investor ... that's your best bet . They can tell you where you can make quick cash , long term cash , guaranteed returns , etc . The last thing you want to do , is invest in something and a few months down the road you're left sitting with nothing .

PismoLocal
04-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Make an appointment to sit down and talk with an investor ... that's your best bet . They can tell you where you can make quick cash , long term cash , guaranteed returns , etc . The last thing you want to do , is invest in something and a few months down the road you're left sitting with nothing .

Ya i second that, If you seriously do have some cash that you want to invest you should talk to some one that specializes in it.

Trevor
04-05-2006, 12:07 PM
We have 4 duplex's that we rent. It can be a pain in the *** but it should pay off in the end.