PDA

View Full Version : filters on a Honda 300ex

ludvic
04-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Hi Guys,

What filters are on a 1995 Honda 300ex. Oil filter, Fuel Filter, etc. Where are they all. I've found the air box and cleaned it. Cant seem to find anything else.

Thanks,

rooster300ex
04-04-2006, 10:23 PM
There is a airfilter,oil filter and an oil screen somewhere in the engine, i have no idea on the maint. of that. the oil filter is on the rightside case cover. to remove it you use an 8mm socket and romove the 3 bolts. pay attention how the filter is installed when you take it off. i change mine every oil change.

04-04-2006, 11:53 PM
you must not know much about 4 wheelers...:huh

ludvic
04-05-2006, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by 89honda 250x

Geez, Thanks for your help. No I dont know anything about Quads thats why i posted here. I know everything about snowmobiles though. If you have a questions about sleds let me know. Wait your from Florida you dont even know what snow is! Man, Sleds are where the real fun is, this quad is just something to kill the summer until the sleds come out again.

Honda TRX250ex
04-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by 89honda 250x
Instead of flaming why don't you help him...:rolleyes:

There is a Gas filter, Oil filter, Air filter and a oil filter that is in your engine where the oil pan is. In order to get to that filter you need to split your case, but i dout you will ever need to clean it.

PolarisRider
04-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by ludvic
Geez, Thanks for your help. No I dont know anything about Quads thats why i posted here. I know everything about snowmobiles though. If you have a questions about sleds let me know. Wait your from Florida you dont even know what snow is! Man, Sleds are where the real fun is, this quad is just something to kill the summer until the sleds come out again.

its ok man, some guys are just pricks on here. I hardly know anything about engines and stuff.

04-05-2006, 08:12 PM
sorry bout flaming you i was mad at something

ludvic
04-06-2006, 07:24 AM
No Problem. Actually I ordered a Clymer Manual for my Quad yesterday. I figure it will probably come in handy.

Thanks,

rooster300ex
04-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Yea a manual is nice to have. I've got one, best book i ever bought for 20 bucks. well maybe atvsport.

james7734
04-06-2006, 06:45 PM
The air filter you found. On some of the 300's but not on mine is a fuel filter. They are usually only there if the owner puts one in. Good idea? Yes, of course. I am actually putting one this year. It will be under the gas tank where the fuel line goes from the tank to the carb. Left side by the way. I have to remove my front plastic and the gas tank to get to that line. The oil filter is on the right side of the engine. There is a round housing with straight lines on it like ribs. There will be three bolts holding it on. Your oil filter is inside there. The screen these guys are talking about is inside the right side of the engine. You actually have to remove the right side cover of the engine, otherwise known as the clutch cover in order to take that screen out. You actually don't have to take that screen out, all the junk collects underneath it so all you have to do is clean the junk out. You may want to inspect the screen itself to make sure there are no holes in it. I usually reserve that job for when I change my clutch plates since you actually have to buy a new gasket for the clutch cover. Which, I just did a couple weeks ago. I hope that helps, I can take some pictures and put them up if you like. Also, I have only been riding for about a year now and I am no expert but I have learned a lot since I have had to practically rebuild my quad. So if there is anything I can help with just let me know.

ludvic
04-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by james7734
The air filter you found. On some of the 300's but not on mine is a fuel filter. They are usually only there if the owner puts one in. Good idea? Yes, of course. I am actually putting one this year. It will be under the gas tank where the fuel line goes from the tank to the carb. Left side by the way. I have to remove my front plastic and the gas tank to get to that line. The oil filter is on the right side of the engine. There is a round housing with straight lines on it like ribs. There will be three bolts holding it on. Your oil filter is inside there. The screen these guys are talking about is inside the right side of the engine. You actually have to remove the right side cover of the engine, otherwise known as the clutch cover in order to take that screen out. You actually don't have to take that screen out, all the junk collects underneath it so all you have to do is clean the junk out. You may want to inspect the screen itself to make sure there are no holes in it. I usually reserve that job for when I change my clutch plates since you actually have to buy a new gasket for the clutch cover. Which, I just did a couple weeks ago. I hope that helps, I can take some pictures and put them up if you like. Also, I have only been riding for about a year now and I am no expert but I have learned a lot since I have had to practically rebuild my quad. So if there is anything I can help with just let me know.

Great post and great helpfull info. As I said earlier I actually ordered a Clymer manual for this quad. I think it will come in very handy.

Thanks again,