PDA

View Full Version : 400ex rear shock problems

flyin#5
04-04-2006, 08:48 PM
alright. i have a reoccuring problem with my 400ex rear shock. the shaft keeps coming unscrewed from the bottom part of the shock, which results in the oil blowing out of the shock and bending what i think is the vavle (the piece with a small pointed end and an o-ring on the other side). this is the second time the same thing has happened... its not even when im jumping or anything, simply hard trail riding. i've never heard of this problem with shocks before, and the shaft isnt very easy to turn, so it seems wierd that it would turn by itself. any ideas?

300ex_#387
04-05-2006, 06:07 PM
I've have the same thing happen to me. Only it was a 660 raptor rear shock on my 300. It came apart on me twice. It might be just because the angle of the shocks are different, and it could more stress since the stroke is different? Idk, but it has happened to me twice when I put a shock off another 4 wheeler on mine.

Colby@C&DRacing
04-06-2006, 08:42 AM
This happens from time to time you need to send the shock to be serviced. We can take it apart and locktite the shaft into place and fix thia from happening. As for that rod that is the rebound adjusting rod.