PDA

View Full Version : 2 options

EX400rider
04-04-2006, 08:46 PM
For my birthday i can either get Maxxis Razr II all around or Douglas .190 w/ regular Razr all around. Im thinking rims and tires but wat do yall think?

04-04-2006, 11:49 PM
razrs with rims IMO

YFZ#426
04-05-2006, 05:59 PM
yea its fast hahaha

Iliketogofast
04-05-2006, 07:03 PM
The stock 400EX Ohtsu's are better than Razr rears.

Anyway, I say the tires/wheels. Razr 2's are about the same in terms of grip and stuff. I think the Razr2 has a bit more side bite, but you don't want that anyway.

Besides, those wheels are gonna look sweet.

CannondaleRider
04-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast

Are you serious?

woodsman250r
04-05-2006, 08:07 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Iliketogofast
[B]The stock 400EX Ohtsu's are better than Razr rears.

what??? Are you kidding me? Ohtsu's are 2 ply, and they suck on trails with rocks because you would swear that only a leaf would puncture them. They might hook up alright but if you want a durable tire I would go with the Razrs or Razr II not Ohtsu.

04-05-2006, 08:11 PM

Anyway, I say the tires/wheels. Razr 2's are about the same in terms of grip and stuff. I think the Razr2 has a bit more side bite, but you don't want that anyway.

Besides, those wheels are gonna look sweet.

your crazy.......:ermm: :huh

04TRX400EX
04-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
what??? Are you kidding me? Ohtsu's are 2 ply, and they suck on trails with rocks because you would swear that only a leaf would puncture them.

lmfao :D :D :D

That's one of the best comments I've ever heard.

Anyways, I'd say go with the Razr's and the Douglas wheels. Good strong wheels and good all-around tires.

Iliketogofast
04-06-2006, 05:27 AM
Nah, you get more spin with the Ohtsu's. I'm not wure wether that would be good or not on a four stroke though, cause I never actually used them on the 400EX I had.

Just so you guys don't think I'm retarded, wheelspin is good with a high power motor because if it wasn't there, you would just pop wheelies all the time.

If I had friggen gnarly *** RazrMX's on my 250R, I wouldn't be able to keep the front wheels on the ground.. On the dusty paved roads at the Badlands, every time I get into the powerband my back wheels break loose and I go sliding left and right. I wouldn't have that with a beefier tire.

To a certain extent, you get wheelspin with all tires with a motor like this, but you get much less, especially in dirt, with a nastily-deep-treaded tire.

I'm pretty sure on your EX you will not want that kind of wheelspin- you want all the traction you can get, because your motor is somewhat mild. It's easy to keep the front down.

jal232
04-06-2006, 06:19 AM
THIS GUY IS CRAZY!! Yeah lets keep the stockers on...When there are tires totally researched and developed by people to give us products to out perform the stockers.. The stockers are cheap for the company and halfway presentable for the customer..Thats the only purpose for them...

400exstud
04-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Nah, you get more spin with the Ohtsu's. I'm not wure wether that would be good or not on a four stroke though, cause I never actually used them on the 400EX I had.

Just so you guys don't think I'm retarded, wheelspin is good with a high power motor because if it wasn't there, you would just pop wheelies all the time.

If I had friggen gnarly *** RazrMX's on my 250R, I wouldn't be able to keep the front wheels on the ground.. On the dusty paved roads at the Badlands, every time I get into the powerband my back wheels break loose and I go sliding left and right. I wouldn't have that with a beefier tire.

To a certain extent, you get wheelspin with all tires with a motor like this, but you get much less, especially in dirt, with a nastily-deep-treaded tire.

I'm pretty sure on your EX you will not want that kind of wheelspin- you want all the traction you can get, because your motor is somewhat mild. It's easy to keep the front down.

Man you have no idea what your talking about. Why would you want wheelspin? You have no power when your tires don't grip. Isn't the object to get the power to the ground.

Why don't you want side bite on your tires? If I didn't have my HD's my quad would get stuck in every mud hole.

PS: I know that the 400ex doesn't have stump pulling power but it isn't slow either. I have no problem spinning my HD's through 3rd and into 4th gear.

Iliketogofast
04-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Don't bash me! I was just stating what I like best on MY quad, so you guys didn't think I was a retard cause you thought I was telling the guy to buy Ohtsu's, which I wasn't.

I was just telling you that I like the Ohtsu's better in the dirt, because there is wheelspin for sliding and hill climbing.

If I tried to climb a hill on my quad with beefy tires, I would surely flip because I rely on spinning the wheels and just hauling balls. Instead of flipping over if I had nasty tires, they just spin because they don't bite as much.

And I was not by any means calling the 400EX SLOW. I was just saying that it has a more mild hit in terms of the way the power comes on. Less instantaneous and more smooth.

Iliketogofast
04-06-2006, 03:36 PM
By the way, let's not turn this into an argument, just tell this guy what he createdthe thread for - what do you think he should get? I think he would get more value from the Tire/Wheel Package.

wilkin250r
04-06-2006, 04:08 PM
He's not completely out of his mind. If you look at the sand and beach races, many of the pros run Ohtsu. Paddles are not allowed, but the Ohtsus hook up better than Holeshots in the sand.