PDA

View Full Version : funny noises

nj300exr
04-04-2006, 08:15 PM
my buddy and i both bought 06 ers a week ago, we noticed the make alot of noise, both sounded like they had a valve tap, and both make some funny like highpictched squeking noise when the engine is revved, just wondering if anyone else noticed all the racket, other than that the bikes are awsome, althought they need a little help in the rear end, granted there better then any other stock bike i ever ridden but they tend to buck huh, seems like it has to do with the linkage? well thats about it

GIXXER1KR
04-04-2006, 08:31 PM
The whistly sound is a combination of the intake and exhaust.And yes they are noisy motors.Its a race motor, it is to be expected.Once the motor breaks in go with some good synthetic motor oil.It helps and yes it does buck.I feel its just a lack of design on Hondas end.But Heh u cant expect it to be perfect but in my opinion it is very close.I am looking into suspension right now to cure that.May go with the GT Thunder rebuild by C&D Racing.

04-05-2006, 10:06 AM
uh, C&D racing does not do a GT Thunder rebuild.
they are seperate companies with seperate rebuilds.

nj300exr
04-05-2006, 03:07 PM
yea, ive heard about the gt thunder rebuild but after doing some reading it seems that its not so much the shock but that the leverage ratio is not constant through out the shock travel, there for the only way to really fix the problem is a different linkage, as for the oil i use the bel ray thumper oil. what do you guys think of that stuff?its a semi synthetic oil, what about for your trans oil what do you guys run?