PDA

View Full Version : 300 EX Exhaust question

Chazz88
04-04-2006, 05:45 PM
I just got a 98 honda ex the other day.. there is a pipe on it now but its too loud and i want to change it. i want to get the supertrapp ids2 quiet series complete exhaust system for it.. my question is do i have to jet the carb? i dont really want to and supertrapps website says u DONT have to jet it on a stock bike. And some websites say they recommend jetting when puttin on the exhaust .. im getting conflicting info from place to place and its $351 bucks for this exhaust so i would like to know how it will run when i add the new exhaust sytem.. any info would be great

300ex mxracer
04-04-2006, 06:41 PM
depending on wat pipe it had before u might not have to rejet it, but putting a pipe on a stock bike will definatly require rejetting for you to get the power no matter what the website says

Sjorge450R
04-04-2006, 06:59 PM
the pipe shouldnt be that much. I got my Supertrapp IDS-2 Race Core for 329.

Get it here Just call them to order the quite core. Its the same price:

http://www.worldwideperformance1.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=WWP&Product_Code=ST-IDS2&Category_Code=SUPERTRAPP-EXHAUST

Also if you want to hear the sound of the race core go to my website and go to the bottom and click the only video.
www.putfile.com/sjorge3442

And here is a pic. (doesnt come with the heat shield, that is a450r heat sheild.) When I just had the pipe and K&N I was at about a 128 Main jet.

Chazz88
04-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Well the pipe thats on it now is a graydon proline pipe and the bike seems to run fine ..no cut out at any point when im gettin on it..so maybe the bike had been jetted before. The guy who sold me the bike was selling it for his friend so he did not now if it was jetted or not. is there any way to tell if it was jetted? anuy help would be cool

300ex mxracer
04-05-2006, 06:36 PM
look at the tip of the spark plug that goes into the engine. on the inside of that there is a white ceramic thing. it should be light brown

Chazz88
04-05-2006, 11:06 PM
ok np will do .. will let ya know ..thanks for the reply back :)and ive been reading up on jetting carbs .. and i know if its white the bike is runnin to lean .....black to rich.. im getin better at this . oh yeah and where the hell do i find out about my friggin elevation.. are you kiddin me.. like i know that off hand.. any ideas.. i live in massachuseets near the new hampshire border.. i guess ill go to the elevation website lol .let me know if you have a better place