PDA

View Full Version : Over flow tank elimination

fasterz
04-04-2006, 03:47 PM
I see alot of people removing the coolant overflow tank and just running a line down from the radiator and tieing it onto the frame so itll just drip out there. Any one on here doing this, and any thing to look out for when doing it, i am going to do it since i keep having problems with my tank leaking and it makes a mess.

TeamFlatOut
04-04-2006, 04:07 PM
i have an 05 and it never had a tank i have owned it since new

fasterz
04-04-2006, 05:33 PM
yes it does, its under your hood.

gbcap
04-05-2006, 06:16 AM
why do you want to do this? just for weight savings? if that is the case the extra 3lbs won't really hurt you. i would keep it just for the peice of mind that its there. just MO.

04-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by gbcap
why do you want to do this? just for weight savings? if that is the case the extra 3lbs won't really hurt you. i would keep it just for the peice of mind that its there. just MO.

same here, i wouldnt remove it

04-05-2006, 10:00 AM
are you sure they are not eliminating the tank, and then running a hose which discharges directly onto the exhaust header?
i've seen people do this, so they know right away, if the quad is overheating.

04-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by force
are you sure they are not eliminating the tank, and then running a hose which discharges directly onto the exhaust header?

ya, i aimed mine so it hits the header and the engine, so it will put out smoke and ill know, i def wouldnt take out the tank tho

RobRacing
04-06-2006, 12:11 PM
I took the tank off of mine and just ended up putting it back on. The quad won't run any cooler without out it so there's no sense of taking it off.

2MuchChi450R
04-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by force

Ditto, This way, I know when to take a break because of that all too familiar smell :ermm: