PDA

View Full Version : Big Problems... Now What?

Xrider06
04-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Well I found out that I pretty much need a bottom end rebuild. I need: left side case, counter balancer bearing, 1st and 6th gear on countershaft and a kicker shaft. Does anyone know where I can get some of these parts for cheap besides on ebay?

Also does anyone know if there are two bearings on the counter balancer because East Coast said there was but I don't know where the other one would be. Thanks for the input.

stever250r
04-04-2006, 05:48 PM
There is one bearing on the counter balancer shaft itself... the other bearing is located in the holder on the left hand case half.

There are three bolts that hold the carrier holder. Be sure to check the feet where these bolts mount... they are prone to crack and break off. You can buy... and I would recommend a billet aluminum holder for like 40.00-50.00 if I am recalling correctly. This would also include the new bearing for the left hand side of the carrier shaft.

TheFontMaster
04-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Replace all the transmission gears, not just 1 and 6. Transmissions can be tempermental, and when you do a rebuild on them, everything should be replaced.