PDA

View Full Version : rear tires for worcs series ??

#8red
04-04-2006, 02:58 PM
do you run 18" or 20" rears for worcs series?? - my 20's worked pretty good last year - but now have both and run 18's on tracks - but the worcs races are alot more crosscountry style - so just wonderin' what other's ride on - and also - have they been checkin everyones db's this year - or just pros - before the race - my bike's borderline w/ my curtis sparks sys. - thanks

atvtrailrider
04-04-2006, 10:09 PM
kenda K535A Knarly XC in 21x11-9 workd great.

and yes they are checking db's on everybody.

QuadJunkies
04-05-2006, 12:53 AM
dont run the 18's. My ole man ran those for the 1st race and took a beating and bottomed out ALOT! 20's are much better ;)

atvtrailrider is also correct on DB checks.

WORCSYFZ199
04-05-2006, 04:41 PM
I run 20's in the Rear and 21's in the front Maxxis Razr 2's up front and Razr's in the rear.

QuadJunkies
04-05-2006, 11:44 PM
We just got a set of the Irazr's(Razr up front) and a set of MX Razrs. How ya liking them?? We ran the Razr 2's before and really liked them.

out4sand
04-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Also make sure your tether kill switch is working. They tested everyone's in Lake Havasu and it sounds like they are going to keep testing them at every race. Just a heads up ;)

I just switched to the 20x11x9 razr rears & 21x7x10 razr II fronts and am loving the set up. I also have a set of Kenda Knarly's rears and my oh my when you need traction they are sweet but in a lot of cases they are just too much. I'd say 95%+ of the riders are running 20+" rear tires, you just need the extra clearance in the XC parts of the track.

QuadJunkies
04-07-2006, 12:09 AM
We have the Knarlys too!! and OMG.. They HOOK UP!! :cool: :devil:

250-R-250
04-07-2006, 01:04 AM
Have you ever tried The Kenda Klaws? Are they close to the knarleys?

out4sand
04-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Have you ever tried The Kenda Klaws? Are they close to the knarleys?

I haven't tried them personally, but I've seen a few people running them at the track. They don't seem to be as aggressive as the knarly's but honestly not many tires are.

#8red
04-07-2006, 09:54 AM
how are them kenda's in the corners for slidin' 'round - do they come in 19" - I just got some 8x8 beadlocks and prob. don't want to run 20's on them - I bought for 18's - but my 20's are for 9" so won't fit - needin' tires for 8x8's now - - anyone goin' to Idaho next month - that'll be my 1st worcs this year - never been there - but heard it's pretty nice track - heard it's kinda like goldendale - and that one was SWEET

out4sand
04-07-2006, 10:10 AM
how are them kenda's in the corners for slidin' 'round

On the MX part or even hard packed corners I found the Knarly's really hard to slide with...I had to really work to get the rear end loose and it seemed others using different tires weren't have that issue. That is why I switched to the Razrs in the rear and it made a world of difference in my cornering in the last race. If it's muddy or the track is really sandy I am able to slide pretty well with the Knarly's but if it's tacky at all, it's a more of a task then I want to deal with in the corners.

I'm looking forward to riding round 5, I hear the start is INCREDIBLY FUN!!

QuadJunkies
04-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by out4sand
On the MX part or even hard packed corners I found the Knarly's really hard to slide with...I had to really work to get the rear end loose and it seemed others using different tires weren't have that issue. That is why I switched to the Razrs in the rear and it made a INCREDIBLY FUN!!

Same here... I LOVE my Kenda Kalws, we use them more than any other tire and the trad has good tread life too.

We just weanted a varaiety of tires for all dif. dirt conditions .