PDA

View Full Version : carb troble

honda965
04-04-2006, 02:29 PM
i recently put a dial-la-jet in my 300ex, already had an dyno jet in it. i changed my main jet and now its runnin great. i noticed that it wasnt idleing as well as be4 so i adjusted it, dont seem to work. now i look at my carb as its just idleing & it seems to shoot air out of the bottom of my carb out the cracks. im missin 1 screw on the bottom of the carb as well, would this be causing the "tisk" noise and some gas commin out of the bottom of the carb?

Sjorge450R
04-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by honda965
i recently put a dial-la-jet in my 300ex, already had an dyno jet in it. i changed my main jet and now its runnin great. i noticed that it wasnt idleing as well as be4 so i adjusted it, dont seem to work. now i look at my carb as its just idleing & it seems to shoot air out of the bottom of my carb out the cracks. im missin 1 screw on the bottom of the carb as well, would this be causing the "tisk" noise and some gas commin out of the bottom of the carb?

they put all the screws there for a reason. If you are missing one, you could have some problems. Also make sure you replaced the DJ needle with the stock needle else you will have problems.