PDA

View Full Version : To Race or Not!

Chino886
04-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Alright, so my g/f and I are about to buy a house. We close on our house that we just bought on a Friday, I am going to move all our stuff in that day (May 5th), then the next day, she graduates from law school (May 6th, 2:30).

My dilemma comes the next day, there is a race on May 7th, should I even test the waters?

Let me know what you guys think! :p

duncan440ex
04-04-2006, 03:15 PM
a good way to lose some stress

450r51
04-04-2006, 03:42 PM
is this even a real question?

of course race!

theTman
04-04-2006, 03:48 PM
do it...i give you good luck with the bumper! haha

trx400exxracer
04-04-2006, 08:55 PM
heck yeah man

mxdad
04-05-2006, 07:02 AM
No way man!!! If your girl is graduating from law school on Saturday you better spend all night Saturday celebrating with her. That is a huge accomplishment on her part and you should show your support. There are races all the time. Bite the bullet and support her and it will pay off in the long run.

Chino886
04-05-2006, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by mxdad
No way man!!! If your girl is graduating from law school on Saturday you better spend all night Saturday celebrating with her. That is a huge accomplishment on her part and you should show your support. There are races all the time. Bite the bullet and support her and it will pay off in the long run.

That is what I am leaning towards! Plus, I don't feel like sleeping on the porch on my 400EX when she changes the locks.

smr
04-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by mxdad

Dude it aint about support or anything paying off...If she really cares about you then she is gonna understand why you are at the races. If you can't work out something like this then you need to think twice about buying a house with her.

gpd005
04-05-2006, 01:56 PM
I've been there man, and my best advice would be sit this one out and hang with her for the day! That is a huge accomplishment and there will be other races! It's really early in the race season so just catch the next one!

Happily married,
GPD005

Jen696
04-05-2006, 04:18 PM
As a woman (racer) I say Hell Ya , bring her with you. Hopefully it'll be nice oput and you could bbq and just enjoy the day. It's not like you race ALL day. You cheer for her on Sat. and she can do the same for you Sun.
Jen

wvspeedfreak
04-05-2006, 06:58 PM
I agree with mxdad on this.There are always going to be races to go to.Your woman is only going to graduate law school once.Support her.........it's the right thing to do.

Or.............you could just bring the race up kind of like you are joking about it and if she seems cool with it,go for it :D

Chino886
04-06-2006, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
I agree with mxdad on this.There are always going to be races to go to.Your woman is only going to graduate law school once.Support her.........it's the right thing to do.

Or.............you could just bring the race up kind of like you are joking about it and if she seems cool with it,go for it :D

Yes, I agree with not racing. Although she is graduating on Saturday and I would not leave till Sunday morning, I still think that it is a bad idea to try to make it to the race. On top of that, I am sure there is some stuff to get done in our new house.

smr
04-06-2006, 10:05 AM
relationships are a partnership. You shouldn't have to give up something you had planned. Take her out Saturday night and have fun. Then get up the next day and go to the races. Most couples don't make it because one trys to change the other. It's a partner ship and she should respect your passion for racing just as much as you respect her graduation from law school. Some would say that it's no where near the same thing...I say if it's important to you then you need to do it and she should understand that. If it's not important to you then don't worry about it.

I have been with my wife for 18 years...when she met me she knew that I raced bikes...in 18 years she has never asked me to miss a race.

Respect her and support her in anything she does and she should do the same for you.

Chino886
04-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by smr
relationships are a partnership. You shouldn't have to give up something you had planned. Take her out Saturday night and have fun. Then get up the next day and go to the races. Most couples don't make it because one trys to change the other. It's a partner ship and she should respect your passion for racing just as much as you respect her graduation from law school. Some would say that it's no where near the same thing...I say if it's important to you then you need to do it and she should understand that. If it's not important to you then don't worry about it.

I have been with my wife for 18 years...when she met me she knew that I raced bikes...in 18 years she has never asked me to miss a race.

Respect her and support her in anything she does and she should do the same for you.

You make a great point! I can not deny that.

ml450r
04-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by smr
...in 18 years she has never asked me to miss a race.

WTF

You lucky Ba$tard......:grr:

adrenalinefreak
04-10-2006, 10:47 PM
I have to start by saying I am not married, however, I am a female and I am absolutely in love with riding and racing on my 400EX. Thankfully my boyfriend is also into riding. I would run it by her. Not asking permission, but maybe see what she thinks about going. Does she ride?

Has she been waiting for this day for a long time? Law School is pretty important accomplishment but it doesn't mean it has to be the whole weekend. The race could be the finale! Maybe even setup a surprise if you can at the race in celebration of her graduation and you winning your race :cool:

I would say never miss a race unless you want to. Live everyday like its your last, right?