PDA

View Full Version : Dont deal with ECA

fasterz
04-04-2006, 01:06 PM
I went to East coast atv and picked up some holeshot sx's last week in preparation for budds creek. I called ahead of time to make sure they would have them and to check the price. They tell me 64.99 a tire. I get there and all of a sudden their 75 a tire now and they cant put them on my rims after they said they would. I still go ahead and do the deal since im in a bind for new tires. I get to budds creek and go to the ITP tent to get them put on and its $10 a tire to get them put on and i look at the price and their only $60 a tire and if you buy them there they put them on free. So i call ECA and talk to Dave as he is a total ******* and just hangs up the phone when i ask for a refund. Im putting out a warning of their ****tty service and high over charging prices.

Ralph
04-04-2006, 01:16 PM
u cant blame the mfor charging 75 since they cant get the same deals as itp gets themselves but the messed up part is that they changed their price and didnt help you out.

fasterz
04-04-2006, 01:27 PM
yea well when your at a national you always end up paying alot more since its at the track serivce and they had to drive the parts all the way there.

derekhonda
04-04-2006, 02:03 PM
not always....

Sometimes they are trying to build a customer base and you can get some good deals.

Aceman
04-04-2006, 02:05 PM
I don't agree with them charging you a higher price than they stated earlier when you called. However, how do we know you didn't call up and start cussing and screaming at Dave? YOU could of acted like a total @ss?

honduh440
04-04-2006, 03:39 PM
you should really delete your post. their is thousands of people that will look at this. and im sure their is more to it that your not telling us.

fasterz
04-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
I don't agree with them charging you a higher price than they stated earlier when you called. However, how do we know you didn't call up and start cussing and screaming at Dave? YOU could of acted like a total @ss?

becuase i didnt ha, i simply explained the situation and asked if he would refund the money for having the tires mounted.

Iliketogofast
04-04-2006, 06:56 PM
If this is all there is to it, that is ridiculous.

coryatver
04-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Dude its to late. You paid way to much but like you said you knew it and got them anyway. I have noticed the bigger race shops like EC charge way overprice and customer service sucks. They have so much going on with there race teams and magazine articles they don't care at all about you.

jlhughes750
04-05-2006, 11:29 AM
I was reading your thread here and found it interesting........

Just to clear things up... there are 2 sides to every story and sometimes things get a lil fuzzy.....

just for the record........Dave runs the service dept at ECATV he has nothing to do parts.Apearantly he quoted an outdated price.. I spoke to the new owner of ECATV about this matter. The price was quoted over the phone. All dealers recently had a price increase of 4-5$... Prices over the phone do not include tax... $75 a tire includes tax........ You can always get tires cheaper and usually mounted for free at the track if its a GNC or GNCC.....thats just the way it is, get tires basically factory direct at the track.....after you drive god knows how far to get there..... see what I'm gettin at........ I personally don't think your situation warrants a public warning about this business.. Please look at this with an open mind and possibly consider deleting this thread.
I have no intention of starting or gettin in the middle of anything just wanted to clarify a few things and reassure you that ECATV and all of its employees try to help racers and riders out as much as possible........sorry to hear of your experiance....

later, J

shawn0101
04-05-2006, 11:40 AM
when telling a story make sure to tell the complete story . you bought itp sx tires for 69.95 plus tax which is itps retail price which is a no compete dealer price that cant be broken!!! you did not call and get a cheaper price over the phone from dave because he only deals with service and used parts. you came down to pick up tires and assumed they would be mounted for free WITHOUT CALLING FIRST which they are mounted for free,but do to the tire machine not working you gave us a real hard time, then you used the tires, saw them somewhere else cheaper and called back eca and tried to return them and get full refund or get money back because itp was selling them cheaper at the track. YOU DONT BUY A CAR OR PARTS, SEE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE CHEAPER AND THEN TRY TO RETURN IT AND GET A REFUND AFTER YOU USED IT OR GO BACK AND PRICE MATCH, NOT EVERY STORE IS LIKE WALMART????? ECA DEALS WITH ALL CUSTOMERS AND ANY 5.00 AND UP CUSTOMER ARE CERTAINLY WELCOME!! EAST COAST ATVS MAIN CONCERN IS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!!!

fasterz
04-05-2006, 01:03 PM
No i didnt try and return them and i didnt care about paying a bit more, but then i had to pay even more to have them mounted that got me pissed. And when i called and got the price i didnt speak with dave i spoke with a parts person. They also told me they would mount them free but when i got there a few days later they said the tire machine was broke and had been broke for over a month and half.

Quad18star
04-05-2006, 02:35 PM
I've worked at an aftermarket parts place and have had this type of problem occure .

Prices sometimes go up without notice .... manufacturers send out a fax stating prices will increase so we as a dealer have to increase our prices . That's the main reason why our catalogue and website have a disclaimer stating that price increases occure without notice .

Now on the other hand , we offer tire installation . If our tire machine goes down and we cannot mount the tire for the customer , we ask them to bring in the receipt and we give them the money back .

Pappy
04-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Im so tired of the bashing:p