PDA

View Full Version : really bad flooding problem

TheFontMaster
04-04-2006, 12:37 PM
I have this posted in the 250r section too. But I really wanna get riding since the weather was getting nicer.

Well my 250r has pretty much just been sitting for the last 2 months. About a month ago I went to start it, and couldn't. Well last night I finaly got a friend to come up and gimme a hand with it. Gets gas, plenty of it, so much that after kicking it about 10 times, you can see gas start dripping off of the pipe from it just being blown out the exaust port. Checked spark, and it had it. So we towed my quad behind his 450r, and it started. But it was blowing gas out of the exaust pipe really bad. I think it was just what collected in the pipe from kicking it, cause it stoped after maybe 5 minutes. So after it warmed up, I rode it up and down the road, and it rode great, better than I remember it running 2 months ago. So after about 10 minutes of riding, I went to bring it in, I shut it off, and started it back up a couple times, everything worked fine. I go out this morning, start kicking it, doesn't fire, and it started just throwing the gas out of the exaust port again. Since 2 months ago the only thing I did to it was replace the main jet. I went from a 155 to a 165. So I am stuck as to where to go from here.

And also the petcock was turned off all of last night.

GPracer2500
04-04-2006, 12:44 PM
If it's been sitting for any length of time I'd take off the carb and clean it. That cures alot of hard starting problems--clogged pilot circuits are common.

zeppelin
04-04-2006, 02:04 PM
i am 99% sure you have carb issues. you float is probably stuck causing to gas to drip. like gpracer said you need to open it up, clean it and inspect it.