PDA

View Full Version : New bars?...... questions.....

nowukno
04-04-2006, 08:32 AM
First off let me say that im not familar with handlebars , i have never replaced bars or helped someone do it. I have no idea what's best. Having said that ........... this past weekend we built a new jump at my buddy's place and it has a pretty rough landing. I hit the jump all day , my last jump before we left nose dived a little and it bent my rightside handlebar down drastically. We got it bent back pretty close to where it was. I was wondering if i should get new bars or leave them alone? I looked and seen that aftermarket bars are not that expensive so i probably will go ahead and do it. Also , when i get a set of bars can i still have everything setup as it is right now with the ignition and high temp light and etc?..... Basically can i buy new bars and install them and keep everything the same way it is right now? I know i will need a new pair of grips but that's no biggie. Last question....... What bars do you guys recommend? I want to keep the same bend as stock. Thanks in advance for the help.

Colby@C&DRacing
04-04-2006, 08:56 AM
a lot of people like the tag and renthal bars, if you have the money you can't go wrong with the Flexx bars....... you could do a trail tech set up barclamp and bars for $119 also. Just a few options.

tucson450r
04-04-2006, 09:34 AM
If you stay with stock bar clamps I have a trailtech plastic cover that I will give you. It will allow you to put your key and temp light back. You have to use your stock bar clamps to use it. Also look into ODI grips, they are removable and they are the best grips I have ever had. I also have stock bars if you want to buy them.

desratt
04-04-2006, 05:51 PM
FACTORY 909 nutin else

JRP
04-04-2006, 05:57 PM
tag bars are great, but my next pair are deffinatley gonna be flexx.:blah:

eganracing
04-04-2006, 06:45 PM
i went with the pro taper fat bars. i got the race atv bend/ Travis Pastrana bend. i like them because there realy strong and can with stand a roll over. i was able to keep the stock guage cluster by drilling some holes in it and zip tieing it on.

400excracer
04-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by tucson450r
If you stay with stock bar clamps I have a trailtech plastic cover that I will give you. It will allow you to put your key and temp light back. You have to use your stock bar clamps to use it. Also look into ODI grips, they are removable and they are the best grips I have ever had. I also have stock bars if you want to buy them. I'm running the Moose ODI grips too and i like them alot.

mxracer00
04-04-2006, 08:08 PM
i think the best is pro taper or tag bars. Definately replace your stock bars though because since they bent and you bent them back, they are weaker now and WILL bend again.

04-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Flexx bars are the ones to get, pays off in the end :macho

bluebaron
04-05-2006, 09:08 AM
I really like the feel of my Tag t-2s.....

450rJam
04-05-2006, 08:04 PM
do all the bars listed tag/flex/pro taper/909 all accept all the stock controls like start button, headlight switches, kill switch, key switch etc? I think the stock bars are a little low, but I still want to keep all the goodies. also can I get just taller bars or do I need to get a extended stem ?

bluebaron
04-05-2006, 08:09 PM
everything fits, except on the light/kill switch/(startbutton) theres a little plastic tab the holds it in place, you can drill down in the bars a little or just sand it off. Well this is on 400ex's im not sure it is on 450s

desratt
04-05-2006, 09:19 PM
don't think any will have the key and temp light mounting nut.

exrider44
04-07-2006, 08:30 PM
C&D just hooked me up with the trailtech clamp and the flexx bars. I have to say it was one of the best purchases Ive made. The flexx bars are awesome I barely was sore the next day. C&D are great to deal with you should give them a call.