View Full Version : ??Spacers??

EX400rider
04-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Wat do they do? I hear that they put your tire out farther so it wont flip as easy. Is this good idea or will it bend stuff? PIX please!

04-04-2006, 09:27 AM
spacers mount your tires out further and it makes it much more stable.

only bad thing that it will realy do is if you put em on your rear your going to break your axle much sooner.

you will here of alot of people saying bad stuff about them but gess what. they dont run em. i do and nothing has hapend so far except a broken rear axle and i jump big and land hard.

on ruff stuff your stearing will wonder easier. buy a stearing stablizer and it fixes that but you dont have to because its not that bad. i only noticed the stearing problum when i went in a disked field. other than that the stearing feels good

TBD
04-04-2006, 10:52 AM
If you can't afford the correct modification then run spacers but just so you know it does effect the steering geometry in a very bad way besides putting more stress on the components. I'm sure you're looking at them because you don't have the money for arms which is understandable but why not keep the money you have available for the spacers and add a little to it and get the correct mod. IMEO.

04-04-2006, 10:55 AM
i run spacers the stearing dosent seem bad to me. it could be that im just used to em but it seems fine to me.

what i would do is save your money. sell your stock a-arms/tie rods and use some of that money and just buy some used extended arms off here.

TBD
04-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by not z?
i run spacers the stearing dosent seem bad to me. it could be that im just used to em but it seems fine to me.

what i would do is save your money. sell your stock a-arms/tie rods and use some of that money and just buy some used extended arms off here.
I hope you didn't think I was directing that towards you because I didn't mean it that way at all and I'm sure you're really happy with your set up.

04-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by TBD
I hope you didn't think I was directing that towards you because I didn't mean it that way at all and I'm sure you're really happy with your set up.

no im not happy with the set up but like it better than stock.

TheFontMaster
04-04-2006, 12:44 PM
I have never ran spacers before, but from what I've learned about them, I would only run them in the rear. And I wouldn't run them at all if I was going to be doing any kind of racing.

4TraxRider
04-04-2006, 01:43 PM
You could also flip your rims temporarily to see what it would feel like. I ran a spacer for two days and one open practice and couldn't hold on over the braking bumps and it always felt like my front wasn't biting and it wondered all over the place. Maby it was just my old ex, idk, but i'd really get a set of arms.

04-05-2006, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I have never ran spacers before, but from what I've learned about them, I would only run them in the rear. And I wouldn't run them at all if I was going to be doing any kind of racing.

i would do the oppiset. i run spacers and i jump and land hard and i mean realy hard i flat land at 15 ft of air and only thing that broke so far was the axle

TheFontMaster
04-05-2006, 10:25 AM
only thing that broke so far was the axle

That is why I won't run them. I would rather loose a little bit of my cornering ability than not know wether my axle will hold up to a landing or not. Spend 100 dollars on spacers, that will make your axle bend, then go out and spend another 2-500 dollars on a new axle? I'll pass on the spacers.

04-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
That is why I won't run them. I would rather loose a little bit of my cornering ability than not know wether my axle will hold up to a landing or not. Spend 100 dollars on spacers, that will make your axle bend, then go out and spend another 2-500 dollars on a new axle? I'll pass on the spacers.

hey it took me almost 3 years of hard jumping for the axle to break. and its not like your going to crash when you snap your axle. i snaped mine and didnt even know it till i saw my rear tire rolling past me and one front tire up.

now i run a lonestar and i still have them spacers on it for extra width

TomDnSC
04-05-2006, 11:08 AM
I flipped the tires AND run spacers on the front of my son's Mini ATV. It is a RedCat RFX-110 and there are no aftermarket A-Arms for it yet.

You can get a set of spacers for around $40 at www.screamracingndesign.com.

That is what we use and we haven't had any problems running XC.

DEVINF450R
04-07-2006, 06:58 PM
I do alot of trail riding, sand drag racing, and mx track riding. I was wanting to run spacers b/c I don't want to change a-arms everytime I want to trail ride. and I know that they make adjustible axles, but how easy are they to adjust?

EXevan91
04-08-2006, 06:36 AM
to adjust them u have to take to hud off and move spacers atleast on the gforce u do iam not sure its its the same on those 500 dollar axles

TheFontMaster
04-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by EXevan91
to adjust them u have to take to hud off and move spacers atleast on the gforce u do iam not sure its its the same on those 500 dollar axles

My lonestar axle is like that, there are 2 spacers on each side so you can adjust it at stock width, +2, or +4 inches wider.

Blue_Streak23
04-08-2006, 10:44 AM
i would do the oppiset. i run spacers and i jump and land hard and i mean realy hard i flat land at 15 ft of air and only thing that broke so far was the axle

What spacers do you use? I was thinking about buying sone Tuck rears for $67.99 for my raptor. I'm afraid I will break some thing though. I would use them for jumping (10ft at most), trail riding, and racing a little on my friends home-made track. Would spacers be good for me? The raptors axle is VERY short!

04-10-2006, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Blue_Streak23
What spacers do you use? I was thinking about buying sone Tuck rears for $67.99 for my raptor. I'm afraid I will break some thing though. I would use them for jumping (10ft at most), trail riding, and racing a little on my friends home-made track. Would spacers be good for me? The raptors axle is VERY short!

i use crj spacres. their only ones claimed to hold up to mx.

i have one set for sale that will fit the front or the rear. twist on.
im seling for $25 getdrunk1990@yahoo.com