PDA

View Full Version : what should i do for jetting w/full system?

h400exrydr
04-03-2006, 06:30 PM
alright so i bought a HOT Dogz full system pipe. i put it on and ran it with the stock jets. it ran really really good. now i decided that i should probably put in a main jet. so some1 that i know with this pipe has a 175 main and a 50 slow jet or somethin like that. i put the 175 main in and the header was glowing red within the first 30 seconds of riding it. also when i had the stock jet in the header was a nice blue/purple color. now it is just really really shinny. i am running with no airbox lid, and a UNI filter. i need some help....i have to get it ready for the races.

gbcap
04-07-2006, 09:17 AM
contact hot dogs to find what they suggest for you to run with thier system. everyone is different.

the glowing is normal. i was scared abut that with my pipe. compltely normal. and it will turn blue/purple after it cools.

with the setup/jetting you have right now pull out your plug. does it look like dark chocolate? if so you are good to go. white chalky looking means your too lean and need a bigger main. black means your to rich.