PDA

View Full Version : Black box on clutch perch

300ex_#387
04-03-2006, 04:37 PM
What is the black box on the clutch perch? It has the 2 wires going into it. I took my parking brake and reverse cable off and switched clutch perches. I didnt know if it was okay to leave those 2 wires off?

hardkoratvmxr
04-03-2006, 06:05 PM
i believe you are talking about the start in gear function and all you have to do is cut the wires and wire them together and you will be good to go. if you are talking about the started a dirtbike killswitch does awesome i just got mine installed on my 300.

300ex_#387
04-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Alright thanks...We got a toggle switch rigged up as my starter lol. People always look at it and wonder what it is lol...Next time at warrick you should come up to our pits...

hardkoratvmxr
04-03-2006, 06:59 PM
well if you would have introduced your self i would have lol i dont even remeber sein a number 387

300ex_#387
04-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Lol I was number 12...I had a yellow 300, blue swingarm and a arms....

kyleschonert
04-04-2006, 06:33 PM
and i was on a yellow 300 number 489 you guys were chasing all night :p . lol. Just kiddin guys, are you alright Charlie, you took quite a few spills that night if i rem. correctly. lol.

hardkoratvmxr
04-04-2006, 08:29 PM
yea i am allright just freak accidents come to find out when i flipped over the haybail my left rear only had a half of pound of air in it and the other crash well i didnt think he was gonna move over in front of me. but for the april 15th race i am hoping to have a way better moto and come out with a top 4

300ex_#387
04-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Yeah...Kyles not going to be there, neither is the kid who won it...Sam Sterchi he is moving up a class....But im sure there will be just as much people as last time. Im hoping on a top 3 this time.....If I can just keep em on the track...lol

hardkoratvmxr
04-04-2006, 08:39 PM
yea you aint kidding and why is sam moving up a class?

300ex_#387
04-05-2006, 05:15 AM
Sams good lol... I'm sure he will do well in the b class also.

kyleschonert
04-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Sam is really good. lol. He should have been in B for the first race. I would have possibly won it then. lol. That kid on that yellow blaster was pretty quick to.

hardkoratvmxr
04-05-2006, 08:58 AM
yea that little kid wasnt bad but he sure was small and yea in the video we have sam is fast as hell and it shows you 2 just fly down the straight away. r you still racing c class kyle? if you are i hope to give you a little challenge if i get a good first lap in lol. i know you wont be at the april 15th one but will you be at any other ones?

SidewaysSam
04-05-2006, 11:02 AM
hey kyle, what do you say that i run your bike in the c class next time under your name, since you wont be there, and then ill run my bike in the b class...noone will ever know....

hardkoratvmxr
04-05-2006, 04:14 PM
hey hey hey we want to keep it fun and let everyone have a chance lol

300ex_#387
04-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Hey charlie, I thought your 300 had an lsr axle? At Warrick it looked like a stock length one....

kyleschonert
04-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Sam you fool, i will be using my quad that weekend at Joe's Riding School. lol. And I dont think you can handle the 330. lol.

hardkoratvmxr
04-05-2006, 08:08 PM
i do have an lsr and i bent it at my house hitting a new jump so i had to throw the stock one in there until i can get the lsr fixed. and kyle arnt you goin to joe byds riding school? that will be tight if you are.

kyleschonert
04-05-2006, 08:09 PM
yep, that is why i will be missing the april 15th race.

SidewaysSam
04-06-2006, 09:50 AM
maybe kyle will finally learn how to race with the big boys now...well at least he doesnt have to have daddy start it for him :) have fun down there young'n we'll miss you at boonville

o and tell kelci that she can come watch me race since you wont be around...wouldnt want her to be bored or anything..lol j/p man

kyleschonert
04-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Sams a funny guy. lol. Does Cory's daddy have to start it for him?? lol. Panzy. No wonder Olney's football team blows, no muscle. And Kelc will be in Lousiville Kentucky for her S.W.I.S.H team b-ball tournamnet, so she wont be bored. lol.

300ex_#387
04-06-2006, 05:05 PM
lol yeah our football team does suck...When I played my freshmen year we went...0-7..But they didnt have me for 4 games lol I was out with an old man injury..I fractured my hip....

hardkoratvmxr
04-06-2006, 08:14 PM
i am so psyched for the next warrick race! i have been on the practice track for 3 hours after school since wednesday and i cant wait for the 15th

300ex_#387
04-07-2006, 05:19 AM
Yeah man im ready too. I've been practicing almost every day after school that it hasnt rained. Plus we got some nice parts in yesterday lol. I wonder if its going to be a bigger turn out, or if its just going to be the same people. Hey do you guys know who that kid on the white 300 was? He looked like he was pretty good. Think he will be back?

kyleschonert
04-07-2006, 07:51 AM
you lucky ***s get to practice. i either lift everyday or work after school. I forget that kids name, but i think its pretty crappy. There is oil staind/leaking all over the head and everything, but he has some pretty good suspension.

hardkoratvmxr
04-07-2006, 09:13 AM
yea i lift for football to but i have a class for that so i dont have to go after school. and yea i kinda know the kid on the white 300ex. his dad bought him everything and he is ok. it is all 450r front suspension and seems like it does ok for him. what positions do you all play in football? i play linebacker. so it has been raining over where you are? it just got done raining for like a day and a half here but my practice track is in perfect conditon. i just have to get the front loader out and groom it and it will be perfect for a couple of days. now that i got 2 good sets of whoops and some doubles i should be able to hang with you guys. maybe lol. but once i get my starting gate it should make my track even better but hey my little stock motor and suspension 300ex cant take that much of a beating. and hey sam you have a 400ex steering stem on your 300ex right? what all did you have to do to get that to fit on there?

kyleschonert
04-07-2006, 04:55 PM
i'd say it has been raining here lol. It just got done hailing, it was bad. No damage to the truck though. Kelci's car took a bit of a beating. But nothing to bad. I play corner back and wide receiver. We now have advisory at the end of the day, but they wont let us lift b/c we do it as a team, which is cool with me, i hate lifting alone, there is nobody to push me. So you play for Reitz, right Charlie? How do you like ol' Coach Hart? hes a pretty cool guy. I wish i had a practice track. The only time i get to practice, is at the practice before the race, it blows.

hardkoratvmxr
04-07-2006, 06:11 PM
yea i play for reitz. and coach hart is awesome. i really like his style of coaching. and yea not having a practice track would suck but my weekend just got ruined by 2 inches of rain and more is on the way. but hopefully it will dry out a little so i can get back out there

SidewaysSam
04-07-2006, 07:37 PM
So i guess us three Illinois boys could camp out at Charlies after some warrick co. race then and practice at his track on sunday??? it sucks having that hour and 40 minute drive home to Dundas at 2 in the morning. Dont worry kyle, i havent touched mine since the last race either, besides i think i would have to put floaties on it so i could go places around here.

SidewaysSam
04-07-2006, 07:42 PM
I have a 300 stem on the bike i race now, but the one i ran last year had a 400 stem on it. It just slides right in place. The only difference is the top part. The 300 stem has the bracket for the headlight and the 400 one doesnt have one. And i think the 400 stem is just a little bit longer. I just got rid of a stem the other day, i forgot that you bent yours or i would have kept it for you. One time i bent mine and we took it out and straightened it in a press and it was good, but then i twisted it somehow in another wreck (those darn Bolden Boys) and there was notin i could do with it when it was twisted.

300ex_#387
04-08-2006, 10:09 AM
yeah I think were going riding tommorow....Over at urfers house on his track, sam if you wanna come gimme a call and I will see if were still going. I just got some parts in yesterday so i think im going to work on that today..

hardkoratvmxr
04-08-2006, 10:17 AM
yea you all could camp out but the track is still being built and only has whoops and 2 jumps right now lol. and i might have to get a 400ex stem because i wouldnt mind it being a little taller myself and you have to cut the bump stops right? if so i can do that and hopefully can get a new stem for the next warrick race asnd yea an hour and 40 minutes drive after one fo those races would suck balls mine is like a 30 minute drive if i dont stop to eat and we usually stop at like mcdonalds and chill for 15-20 minutes and talk about the race. the next race will be a big one because my whole team will be racing. we will have a 416, 450r, my 300ex, and a yz250f racing that race. but yea if you all wanted to pitch tents or something in my back yard we could do that lol. but due to dust and the fact that i dont have anything to water my track with might prevent us from riding on it because my neighbors call the cops when it is dusty and i cant ride for more than like 15 minutes at a time which really sucks balls.

SidewaysSam
04-08-2006, 05:55 PM
i dont think we'd have to worry about dust for a while, lol. Josh-I think im goin to Evansville tomorrow to find a tranny for my truck and get some parts for darrell mcdowell's race car. when you guys goin to urfers? If im back in time i might head over that way

hardkoratvmxr
04-09-2006, 07:45 PM
i thought i wouldnt have a problem with dust for a while either and boy was i wrong. we hit my practice track with 3 quads and a dirtbike and it was pretty muhc a dustbowl

300ex_#387
04-09-2006, 08:07 PM
We went riding today, it was a little tacky in some places but it was fine. I didnt get to ride much lol had so many problems with the 4 wheeler, I spent most of the time working on it.

SidewaysSam
04-10-2006, 10:33 AM
ya no kiddin. there was like what? 7 bikes there and three broke down, plus the truck died on the way back to pick u up? not too good a day, road burn lol hope your back is better by this weekend

300ex_#387
04-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Yeah lol it should be better. I just got done putting the 4 wheeler back together. Back to the stock airbox, and batterybox. I messed with the jetting while it was apart, its running a lot better now we just put a bigger jet in. I found my key lol...It was laying on our dryer....So you have school thursday sam? Anyone else wanna go to casey thursday, a bunch of people from here are going lemme know...

416exmx
04-10-2006, 06:43 PM
I may try and talk Hurn into goin up. He has been wantin to ride my CRF and Id like to get some time in on my 450r. Chance of rain later this week though. They groomin the track Wednesday?

300ex_#387
04-11-2006, 05:16 AM
Yeah they groom it on wednsday. Were going up on thursday, because we have school on wednsday. Plus if somthing breaks it gives me a couple days to fix it before the race lol. If we go were leaving early in the morning and prolly coming back around 2:00...

SidewaysSam
04-11-2006, 10:32 PM
stremme. I talked to scherer tonight and i will come there around 10. I have class at Charleston from 8-10 and 12-2, so from like 10-12 ill go down to the track to mess around. I would skip, but I am skipping those classes next week, so i figure i better not press my luck too much.

300ex_#387
04-12-2006, 05:17 AM
Awesome, you trying to get a little more practice in before booneville? I'm just trying to see if everything is going to stay together lol. My sisters boyfriends works for a graphics company, and he made me a new rear number plate. It looks pretty cool you will have to take a look at it. Well I guess I will see you tommorow.....

SidewaysSam
04-12-2006, 11:04 AM
no im not running anything, just goin to visit. ill only be there for an hour or so. I may sneak off on Crash's Bike and make a couple laps on the track, ya know, just enough to give me arm pump for the rest of the day

300ex_#387
04-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Ohh...so you just want to see who is going to beat you if I decide to run b class on saturday huh lol...j/k. Im pretty sure im gonna stick to C class...I dont think its going to be as full. Weiler isnt going to be there either. Were you doubling the triple there when you went? Nick said I could prolly do it...but idk...we will see...

SidewaysSam
04-12-2006, 07:56 PM
nope, i dont really like the track there. I could do the two doubles beside the road, they are pretty tough, and the tabletops. Besides that theres not much else that i could handle. I do think the triple could be doubled, but i was on stock suspension the times i was there, so didnt want to chance anything.