PDA

View Full Version : Motor Rebuild... some advice

ericz
04-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Hello Everyboby,

I'm starting to rebuild my 00 400ex and I want some advice...
My motor was never opened since beginning of 2000, and I do many race with it. Now he begin to have some trouble... difficult to start, noise, excesive consommation of oil....

I plan to build a 440. I still buy a big bore kit: 440 Piston 11:1 Wiseco, Cylinder Sleeve..... Hotcams stade 2.
And I have full exhaut, Kn, FCR39....

What I have to change to make it reliable?
I fear if I put directly the 440 kit that the motors dont be right a very long time...
Maybe change the crankshaft? clutch..?

I need your advice....
Thanks.

Eric.
www.quadcross.fr (http://www.quadcross.fr)

eganracing
04-03-2006, 10:46 PM
sounds like the rings and the sleeve r in bad shape. a 440 kit would replace all the parts necesary to fix the problem. it is almost a most to install heavy duty head studs. the clutch basket will more than likely need to be replaced. if u have some extra cash after all of that i would suggest a port and polish. oh and if u run a 11:1 compression u will need to run high octane gas. good luck on your rebuild.

ericz
04-04-2006, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by eganracing
..... oh and if u run a 11:1 compression u will need to run high octane gas.....

Are you sure? i'm thinking that it's with a 12.5:1 compression pistion that you need to run with high octane gas ???

Chino886
04-04-2006, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by ericz
Are you sure? i'm thinking that it's with a 12.5:1 compression pistion that you need to run with high octane gas ???

On an air cooled machine like the 400EX, you will want to run high octane on anything abover 11:1.